1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/20/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2014.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I know. Honestly I thought that might be the call in the end as a surprise since everyone expects it to go to Harden...but no.

2. Progs

Progs Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Adding insult to injury, Patrick Beverley being helped back to the locker room by trainers, not putting any weight on his right leg.</p>&mdash; Sean Pendergast (@SeanCablinasian) <a href="https://twitter.com/SeanCablinasian/statuses/458110466523271168">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. McRaggize

McRaggize Member

I am missing Delfino/Dragic/Lowry so much.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

BS. Portland can't play Houston straight up take the Refs out of the equation we win this. Anyone can see that. And we played poorly

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

its on harden and the refs. harden was never in the game, adn the refs were competing for worst officiating crew in playoff history. thankfully just the first game, but this was a terrible loss as a rockets fan.

mcfail was mcfail, he did all he could do. loss isnt on him

6. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Harden shot poorly in the 1st game last year against OKC as well. I expect him to bounce back. We all knew it was going to be a hard series, why are we stressing out now? Still plenty of games left to be played. Still going to go with my prediction of Rockets in 5. Gonna get these next 4 games.

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'm so godsjfrgsjndbam fclklining pissed right now.

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Sweet post timeout play calls, coach. :mad:

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't know. Dwight was so bad at the line that McHale had no choice. He was probably having nightmare flashbacks to that Lakers loss early in the season. What I don't understand though is why not put Asik in there in Dwight's place? Sure they may have gone to Hack Asik, but don't just give away all of your interior defense.

11. Fantasma Negro

12. yummyhawtsauce

man harden needs to take his time, he took too fast of a 3 earlier, then missed an open jumper, now he does a bad akward shot...................

cmonnnnnnnnnn

but my real questio nis, why didnt mchale run the Lin and Harden pNR that was running really well and they could get into the paint easily??

very sad...i just wnated the win

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Howard lost this game for us...

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The reason we lost this game was because Kevin McHale panicked and took Dwight Howard out of the game after missing a few free throws. This allowed Portland to get a rhythm and get easy, rapid scores inside. In that situation you gotta play the percentages, Dwight is more than a 50% free throw shooter, ride it out.

Rockets just decided to stop playing defense after that. Now we must win in Portland to advance, something I don't have faith in us doing. Lost a lot of faith in the Rockets tonight. They just flat out chocked.

15. Stats

Stats Member

Is it me, or do we keep dribbling around and taking well-guarded 3's? I saw Garcia, Parsons, Bev all do that... and frankly I'm not sure why...

I know our offense is read and react, but it seemed we had a ton of shots that were one person dribbling around or taking their man 1 v 1. Am I imagining it when I remember our most beautiful plays coming out of either PnR or off-ball screens?

16. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But it's the biggest game of a series you win game 1 and you usually win the series

17. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Dude, why do you think they invented Hack-A-Dwight .... you thought he was clutch ? McHale should've pulled him early.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lol @ people blaming the refs. Refs were bad on both sides.

Lol @ people blaming Dwight Howard.

James Harden you know the franchise man didn't do **** in the 4th quarter. Settles for a ****ing 3 when down 1 and at that point if he drove the refs would have probably given him a call.

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

he'll be fine. he has a week to get back right. if it was really serious i think he would have been immediately carried off the court to the locker room

20. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

People saying hardennot clutch him and Howard got us to OT. Harden from 2:30 to OT was clutch and Dwight hit plenty of free throws until that last one.
    After Parsons got banged up that didn't help him

Dwight getting hacked and fouled all night and the refs trying to make the FT look even c'mon man