1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NBA Playoffs: Los Angeles Clippers(3) vs Golden State Warriors(6)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Orange, Apr 16, 2014.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2014.
  1. Clippers in 4(sweep)

14 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Clippers in 5

46 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. Clippers in 6

46 vote(s)
    27.9%
  4. Clippers in 7

20 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Golden State in 4(sweep)

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Golden State in 5

4 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Golden State in 6

19 vote(s)
    11.5%
  8. Golden State in 7

15 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I feel like the Clippers are just taunting. They are one half of the teams we match up terribly against, so their loss is our gain... but it feels fake, somehow. Like the terminator looking around the room, then saying "I'll be back."

2. what

what Member

You think Kobe could have won with Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin?

If Chris Paul was to be paired up with Anthony Davis, the'd win a championship within 3 years. Problem is that's never going to happen.

The best Chris Paul can hope for is that Blake Griffin is traded for Boogie, which is still not the ideal player for Chris Paul, but he's a lot better than Blake Griffin.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Clippers will win the next one comfortably and take 1 at GS to regain home court.

4. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Game 1 of the Clips-Warriors series was horribly officiated, and the impact of it hurt the Clippers far more than it did the Warriors. Despite that, Chris Paul and Darren Collison made a series of mistakes in the last 2 minutes that cost them the game. I expect the Clippers to bounce back, but the Warriors are now playing with house money and they played quite well defensively.

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The refs were horrible that game even by the NBA's very low officiating standards. They ruined what would have otherwise been an enjoyable game. Clips should win by double digits on Mon.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Exactly. I don't know why so many people picked the Clips to go all the way this year. Not saying they won't do it, but Paul has never been past the 2nd round in his career and he's now in his 9th season. And BTW, he's had some pretty talented teams during that timeframe.

It's the same reason I have no problem with the media dissing the Rockets. They have to prove themselves as well in the postseason.

7. Andrew Wiggins

Thats because they are a jump shooting team, but I guess you didnt watch the game. Any time the warriors drove it in it was a foul. The officials let them beat up on the clippers, especially blake in the post, paul on the perimeter and deandre when he was boxing out.

8. Andrew Wiggins

I remember when half of clutchfans was laughing at them saying they sucked.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL nobody said they sucked :roll eyes:

However, nobody was on their D and talking them up as a title team like ESPN

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

As an unbiased observer, this was a really fun, exciting game. Wow. Gotta love the playoffs.

It's hard to see the Clippers losing this series though. I still think they win in 6 or 7.

But the Warriors are a very good defensive team, and you can never underestimate that in the playoffs.

11. Throttle

Throttle Member

how many teams which played at clips home crt in regular season said the same thing? lol

12. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Clips will win this series, I don't expect it to last long. How many games will there be where Griffin is in foul trouble AND Jamal Crawford, Barnes, Collison, and Granger are sucking from 3?

13. AXG

AXG Member

Love it! It wouldn't surprise me if GSW pulls an upset.

14. Throttle

Throttle Member

well thats y teams fight for playoff spots, coz anything can happen.

alot of teams during regular season arent as psyched up mentally, but when it comes winning a championship, suddenly they get something extra...

this goes all other sports as well. some guys get alot of top 10 placings but cannot crack first place, whereas some guys dont play alot but win major tournaments. alot of it is mental IMO.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

What if the rule was such that the team that gets fouled gets to choose who shoots the technical? Learn to think outside of the box.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

CP3 is today's version of T-Mac

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

you can think outside the box to change a lot of things in the nba

this has been around forever and its only a problem when it doesnt benefit your team.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

Clutchfans, please stop knee jerking. It's just one game. Let me guess, the Warriors are going to beat the Clippers and the Hawks are going to beat Indiana. IT'S JUST ONE GAME. You guys are the worst when it comes to this.

Remember when the Bulls beat Miami in game 1 in 2011? You guys crowned them and deemed the series over. Then we all know what happened next.

20. torocan

torocan Member

Probably the same number of games that Curry and Thompson aren't hitting their buckets and Iguodala is in foul trouble.

It's not like GSW was playing well either.

I still think the Clippers are favored, but I always considered GSW to be the least predictable of the teams. Defensively they're solid, but offensively they can come out and score at a crazy pace when they get hot.

Just think back to the end of the last Portland/GSW game... when GSW gets hot, the only way to stop them is shoot crazy hot as well. I'm still betting we see at least 1-2 games where Curry and Thompson are on fire and there won't be a darn thing anyone on the Clippers can do about it.