1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Adelman OUT as TWolves Coach

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by drowsy12, Apr 17, 2014.

1. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

2. Yellow

Yellow Member

I feel sorry for the guy, he deserved a title with the Blazers and arguably with us. I suggest he goes to coach a contender that is willing to fire their coach this year, don't see it happening but you never know, or retire.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

HOF coach LOL

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Rick Alderman please.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's a shame T-whack held back his & Yao's chances. Should have traded that guy after the 2nd year

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not unexpected.

Obviously he is better than McHale and I'd take him over McHale, but remember when folks freaked out when he left, that he was irreplaceable? :grin:

7. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Cant take Adelman back. If we did that, we'd have to get Kevin Martin back and we just can't have that. :grin:

8. REEKO_HTOWN

T-Mac held Yao back? LMAO.

9. Classic

Classic Member

Poor Airbud.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and so it begins

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

He should've had a ring with us...always liked him.

12. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Best coach in Rockets history. Would take him back anyday

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not surprised. He didn't last long as the Warriors coach either when they didn't make the playoffs during his tenure. The T'Wolves know they have one last shot at keeping Love and they have to show him they're serious about putting together a playoff contender. I still think he's gone though.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

You must have been born after 98

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

He is a really good coach and led the Rockets to some of their most successful seasons - that being said - he has had a really rough hand the last 8 years in the league - first all the injuries in Houston to Yao and McGrady -- then to get to Minnesota to deal with the injuries to Rubio, Love and the rest all season long which hurt that team - not to mention the GM in minnesota.

Could you imagine if Adelman went back to Golden State now? he could do wonders with that team but they are injured enough as it is, adelman may make things worse there unfortunately

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I also agree with that sentiment!

TINMAN!!! WHERE ARE YOU???....:grin:

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

not so obvious. The mcgrady/ming team was not empty of talent and neither were the kings /blazers teams. Adelman has been exposed for his defense shortcomings. I don't hate adelman but I am getting tired of people bashing mchale when mchale has brought rockets best record in a long long time.

It has been fashionable to bash mchale at every turn when last I checked mchale has over 50 wins and adelman is on the outside looking in.

You could argue that minnesota team is not all tomato can either so sorry but not 'obvious'

Mchale is the rodney dangerfield of the nba. Even if mchale wins championship there will still be this notion that he is mcfail. At the end of the day it's about W-L hence the reason adelman is a goner and mchale giving rockets one of the best records in recent memory.

From the words of mark jackson 'come on JR you are better than this'

1 person likes this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Some classless people in this thread. If you attribute the wolves failures to adelman you must not watch the NBA outside of the rockets. Convenient how people forget things like this:

If something as catastrophic as the rockets losing to the blazers happens, not only will these guys look like classless jerks, but idiots as well.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

To me it is obvious & clear cut, I'm taking Adelman over McHale.

Agree with you here.

You're right, the Rockets are and have been in the playoffs 2 of the 3 years McHale has been here.

Meanwhile, the T'Wolves have yet to, nevermind making the playoffs, they've yet to even have a .500 season. And you're right again, I find it funny for those who make excuses for Love and Adelman. There is talent on that team. Not as if they're a team lacking talent. And by now, that's Rick's roster. (For those who might want to blame Kahn.)

Yeah. ... He'll probably never receive the 'proper credit' he "deserves". And neither will Erik Spoelstra. ;) Credit to the players when they win, coaches fault when they lose. Just the way it is!

And while he's a 'goner', this has as much to do with his wife's health (if not more) than his coaching and/or ability to get the Wolves over the hump.

1 person likes this.
  20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I would have agreed with you before McHale was hired. He has been a much better coach than I expected. Pop and Thibs (most would have Rivers here as well) are the only ones I would rank as obviously ahead of him. McHale and Adelman, to me, are in the second tier of coaches that don't drastically help or hurt a team.