1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 4/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2014.

1. ish1973

ish1973 Member

I think it is determined by the head-to-head record followed by record against theopposite conference.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The rockets need to play SUPER physical against this soft team. They complained about regular season physicality...they have no idea what they're in for in the PO. The converse is true, with the over physical style Harden can't expect a call everytime he drives in.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

In the last minutes when the game tied or down by 1 ....i thought the Rockets should put in Howard and Pat to try to win it lol. I know that if they did that, the crowd is probably going to boo them. This game does give the Rockets advantage if they made it to the Finals. I mean nothing is impossible but we have shown that we can beat the Blazers and Spurs....so there is no reason we can't go all the way to the West Finals. OKC is going to be tough.

4. sutton

sutton Member

Ok, I get it, if it was Lin, he will be mocked for pages just like the way you hinted.

Tonight it is Bevs, so nobody GAF.:p

1 person likes this.
  5. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

Dude nobody said Bevs an all star lol quit ragging on him. We're lucky he's roughing it out for the team and still trying to play. I agree lin takes heat from basement-dwellers a lot but noBody expects Bev to lock down his guy, he's more for the mentality effect on the team

1 person likes this.
  6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

anyone got daniels highlights?

7. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

very true. beverly is outstanding when playing with the current starters because they are doing most of the scoring leaving beverly more relax doing what he does best this season--playing aggressive and the dirty works. he would not do too well if he comes off the bench.

1 person likes this.
  8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Just got back home but heard Daniels going off from deep on the radio. Clutch please give us highlights!

9. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

i need some Daniels' highlights as well :cool:

10. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

I missed most of the game .... how did Josh Powell look ? I see he was 1-5 in his limited minutes, was he active around the rim ?

11. calcium

calcium Member

Hee hee...

I see what you did there.

12. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Oh. I'm irony impaired after spending all last night doing taxes/

13. Oracle

Oracle Member

The overwhelming opinion of the first 10 or so pages was that Casspi should be cut (some think before the playoffs). I looked at the stats lines of tonights players. Casspi had 9 points (40% from the field and 50% from 3PT), he also had 8 rebounds, 1 assist, and 4 block attempts. This in 28 mins. The other thing that appears to repeat itself is the +/- score. Casspi was +6 (best of the Rockets!). The others in + were TJones, Dwight and Beverley (starters). All the rest were in - (DMo with -12.

Obviously the screen test tells another story than the stats lines. However, it is the stats line that decides the outcome of the game, not how the game looks like.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

casspi, Jordan Hamilton, Josh Powell and Troy Daniels looked good. Heck, even DMO looked good. d12 and patman - nice to see them get some time to de-rust.

I wanted double nickel wins but, oh well.

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man, if powell can consistently hit that jumpshot...

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

looked really nice from mid range!

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That mid range shot going to be nice. One of his shots was just inside the 3 pt line at the top of the key. He shot the **** out that rock.

reminds me when Juwan Howard would get hot from mid range....that SOB would hit that shot all MF'n nite long! One after another.

18. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Josh seems to have enough bulk to bang with the bigs like Aldridge, Griffin, etc. He may not be fast enough to be a help defender/shotblocker .... but with his heftiness, at least they can't back him down in the post as easily as they do to Jones and D-Mo.

19. verysimplejason

I think he just needs more effort and training. If he's willing, he'll be a good role player for the Rockets.

20. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Troy Daniels highlights. If you haven't, I really recommend subscribing to this video channel for the descriptions alone.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EqjjPTi-POY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.