1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Tickets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Can you blame them? They see the secondary market and know if they don't do it folks could make double the money. Capitalism.

2. trigun333

trigun333 Member

It depends on what seed we are. I likely see us being on Saturday at 7:00 PM if we stay the 4th seed. If we are to fall the 5th seed you can see our game being moved to the late Sunday game time slot. This takes into account if we face Portland in the first round.

The second game will be on a Tuesday/Wednesday depending on when game one is. The schedule typically is set to where game three will starts on Friday/Saturday depending on what day game 2 was and then you can assume every other day after that.

That's my best guess.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

What "before" are you talking about? Because they certainly did that last year. The major difference between this year and last year is the price. Yeowza.

4. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

EXACTLY!!! the part that really ticks me off is how smug and arrogant they seem now. Charging convenience fees is pathetic from season ticket holders. That added to my 4 ticket order. Also, if you then try to sell the tickets on flash seats (which I tested to see what would happen), they charge a convenience fee to sell them which I'm sure flash seats give part of that fee to the rockets as well. They are double dipping on fees.
    That used to be a big perk. Avoid convenience fees. Now they just treat you like trash.
    YEah and no mor free jerseys or upgrade vouchers and Toyota center bucks. They should reward loyalty but I guess they don't really care. If we don't renew, somebody will buy.

Also, I was told that if they get enough season ticket holders and half season, they may doing away with mini packages soon!! :eek:
    all you mini plan holders.....you have been warned

5. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

when I bought extra tickets last year I did not pay convenience fees.
    plus I did not have to go thru a pre sale. I could purchase the entire playoffs at discounted price (same price as my season tickets as long as I paid in full)
    That is not an option anymore. Since they realize they can just scalp the tickets to everybody at double the price and make more.

6. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Anyone have experience buying the playoff tickets on Flashseats.com?

I bought mine last week on flashseats and am wondering if it works the same way throught the team's website. Still waiting on date and time?

7. trigun333

trigun333 Member

This is one of the few reasons I didn't renew this year. When I was a new season ticket holder back in 2009, I was given a lot of incentives to purchase for the first year and to renew after that. Every year following that incentives started shrinking to the point this year I was only give one seat upgrade pass. I was disappointed how the reps treated me and there was really no incentive for me to renew besides the playoff tickets. I remember the first year they were throwing stuff at me to convince me to renew. Some of the stuff given to me or offered were jerseys, autographed team basketball, suite to game with other season ticket holders..etc. Really disappointed overall.

8. Play07

Play07 Member

LOL !!! yeah I think they tried that this year, but not enough people brought season tickets as they thought, so they will try it again im sure... and last year i had to pay $4 extra for playoff PAPER TICKETS but I was ok with that. You still made the order online but just could pick paper tickets and pick them up at the box office.

im ok this year but they couldve did a howard jersey since they did harden last year. We also got the rockets mouse pad & rocket t-shirt on top of jersey for renewing so they went from 3 things last yr to ZERO now 0:grin::eek:

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

fwiw, I'm a STH also, I wasn't charged convenience fees when I bought my extras yesterday, not sure why you were. I still paid the $49 for the upper bowl behind the basket, where my tickets in 420 is $15 throughout the season.

Also, the whole they are not going to sell mini packages is crap. A friend of mine got suckered in last summer when she was told that, she got 1/2 season plan, then a month before the season started, they offered the mini packages. They still need to sell tickets from the lesser teams nobody has interest seeing, (Sixers, Bucks, Pistons, Wolves, etc...), and the only way the sell tickets for those games is creating a "mini package" of 3 or more of those games along with a premium game (Spurs, Mavs, Lakers).

10. REEKO_HTOWN

Flashseats is simple. You pay now or bid and the tickets get transferred to your flashseats account. You have a credit card or ID linked to that account and when you walk up to the front doors at TC they swipe that card and your tickets print out.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Yes, you did. I'm a season ticket holder, I have my receipt for my extra tickets last year. Convenience fees included.

Yes, you did. I still have my email from last year's presale for season ticket holders.

For your regular season seats, yes. For extra tickets, no.

12. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Yes, the incentives and events have declined. I'm curious who your rep is. Have you had the same rep all this time?

13. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Rockets' crowds won't be able to hold a candle to the ones in POR or GS.

14. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Thanks, Ive used flashseats. I was weary of buying Playoff tickets a week in advance. It seems like I got a good price for lower bowl seats though...

Are the tickets on flashseats legit?

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I saw a presale email hit my email account today. the prices I saw were a little different.

said 325 max for club
    225 max for corners..probably the 117 corner or corners closest to club..

other corners were 195 max and 175 max.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

Well your not going to get fake flashseats if that's what you mean. It's not like ebay, the rockets deposit tickets into STH flashseats accounts and we just put them up for sale. The tickets are transferred automatically when the sale is finalized. There is a fee though for buyers.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

You haven't been to TC during the playoffs have you?

18. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Playoff crowds at the TC are in a completely different world as compared to regular season. The energy is like none other

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So when will the tickets I purchased just now show up in my flashseats account?

20. ekingjames12

ekingjames12 Contributing Member

Seems like it opened up and started working around 3pm yesterday for me.