1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 4/2/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

By not coming down hard, he is condoning it. Well, it's his lawn that the manure is being dropped on. If he don't care it gives the pests more incentive to post crap.

2. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

Yea lin carried +\- showed it. Harden and parsons just didn't want it tonight

3. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

What does that mean? Are you Chinese, Japanese, Philipino, Cambodian, Indian, Bangladeshi, Viet, Korean? Why not describe yourself more specifically rather that use some descriptor "asian" that really means nothing.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Damn it - missed free throws, missed layups, turnovers, crap defense and crap coaching.

Most annoying - going 1 of 2 on FTs with the game on the line - down by 2.......94-92.......f'n practice the free throws for goodness sakes.:mad:

I want Beverley and Howard back asap.

5. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Normally, I discredit +\- but in this case the difference was too great. Someone posted earlier and it bears repeting. Lin was plus 15 in 39 minutes and the Rox were minus 19 in the 9 minutes he did not play. That is a huge number in small minutes.

6. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

im jap

7. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Do you realise the irony of your post? Complaining about free throws and wanting Dwight back.

1 person likes this.
  8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

He also complained about crap defense. Would you say Dwight helps in that regard? I sure would

1 person likes this.
  9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Toronto beat us at our own game. They outshot us from 3 and got to the FT line 39 times.

Lin played poorly at times, but so did the others. He's not to blame. This team's too complacent. I thought Dwight's response to CP's "we're the best team in the NBA" comment (after POR comeback) was spot-on. He said something along the lines of, "we can't afford to think like that. Have to stay hungry and keep working on D." He knows what it takes - he has been lead-dog on a Finals team. Pundits love to point to his "immaturity". I get a very different vibe from Dwight. Sure, he loves to clown on camera, but he's serious about winning.

Anyways, no excuses for inconsistent effort on D. Some of Harden's lapses are so bad it's hard to even watch. Parsons needs to get better there, too. That's where I miss Bev. Not only does he lead at the point of attack w/ his ferocity, but he isn't afraid to call out Harden.

I hope they pull it together soon. Don't want to stumble into the 1st-round against a fiery POR/GS squad.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

James Harden and J. Lin, (heck anyone NOT named Asik or Howard) should NOT be shooting 1 for 2 down the stretch in close games. The team should not miss over a quarter of their FTs, including 5 misses in the 4q.

Getting Dwight back - yeah, not the best FT shooter, however our team is so much better with Dwight, offensively and defensively - it's a no brainer to want him back asap. Plus, D12 has shown he can get into a nice FT groove and discourage the hack-a-Dwight strategy.

Asik and Howard bring so much defensive prowess to your team and offense (Howard) - the downside is bound to be FT suckage. This makes it that much more important for the rest of your guys to stop f'n around on the charity stripe. Is that really that hard for you to understand:confused::rolleyes:

11. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

People who already decided clearly have no need of an analysis. On the other hand, you wouldn't be posting it for them anyway...

12. RedJinx

RedJinx Member

lol every thread is a lin thread here sigh... its really idiotic

13. mingthething

mingthething Member

I wonder when the 'players only meeting' is going to happen.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He played very well. Shot the ball poorly but made some timely buckets. Mot importantly, he was aggressive.

I will take this Jeremy Lin, so will McHale. This is the Lin we need. He was very aggressive, attacked constantly, shot with confidence, and broke the defense down.

I am not worried about the shooting percentage. Most of his shots were makable except a few that I thought were a bit wild, but overall was happy.

You don't need Lin to score 20 pts for it to be a game, or shoot 45%. If he can bring the ability to pass and break down D's he will be fine.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Crap. We really can't afford to be playing like this right now. Another stumble or two or three, and we'll be on the outside looking in at home court.

16. RedJinx

RedJinx Member

We lost mainly cus of too many injuries, our best bench players became starters so our bench play got demolished first half.

mchale made 3rdQ bench play adjustment and put jeremy in the mix. mchale told lin to go full throttle. And bench team got hot, cut down 20pt deficit.

17. adobo

adobo Member

Yes right on the spot. Didn't see him mentally back down in this game. If he can use this game as a model on his approach for the rest of the games and into the playoffs, then we will be a much stronger team when we are in full strength.

18. naesoon

naesoon Member

Bev calls out Harden? If that's the case, we need him back soon! Someone needs to yell at Harden.

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bY_-F6XhpcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Notice at 1:45 DeRozan grab Lin's arm. All of you blaming Lin for losing the game, how the **** was he supposed to call time out?

20. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

lins a b**** ass *****...**** him...deport his ass