1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

2. Orange

Orange Member

Lin sucks to much to build and offence for him. Sucky players need to hustle and hit open shots.

3. goyao11

goyao11 Member

I highly doubt that Lin's value is that low. Lin is an extremely serviceable PG with a solid track record and a high ceiling. At worst, this guy is a Jarret Jack kind of player, and on certain teams he could pull down 18 and 8 per game.

The biggest roadblock could easily have been timing - there just were no teams that had simultaneously had a hole at guard and were willing to part with whatever Morey wanted.

It is unlikely that Morey was simply trying to dump Lin's contract, or at least there has been no indication that I know of such behavior. He likely wanted players and picks that other teams simply didn't have, and those who had it were not in a position to take on such a large contract.

Lin's lack of movement during the trading season is hardly an indictment against value.

4. goyao11

goyao11 Member

When you build an offense around a player, that player better be an otherworldly talent.

There is a middle ground between building an offense around someone and integrating them as a significant part of the offense.

Pop never built an offense around Tony Parker and Larry Brown never built an offense around Chauncey Billups, but they got them involved doing the things they do well.

You can't marginalize your special players just because you have "special-er" players; teams who intend to contend and build dynasties build strong systems in which all their players thrive.

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

So throwing the ball away was a better option than trying to call timeout?

You're making excuses because you like the guy.

He's not a good player.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Jeremy is a very limited player. If he's not playing well he has no skill to fall back on to contribute. Not his defense, not his scoring, not his passing, not his leadership, not his high BB iq, not his hustle plays, not his outside shot...not his ability to get to the line...nothing...

Almost everyone else (almost) has some skill or ability they can fall back on where if they aren't having a great game they can still find a way to positively contribute.

I don't trust Lin as a player. He's wildly inconsistent and lately it's been more miss than hit. Hes got to go next year. So enjoy these last few months if Lin in houston because Canaan will be taking that role next season.

Too bad he's going to end the season by hurting us in the play offs and further lowering his trade value.

7. jocar

jocar Member

Parsons 41 min, 15 shots,4 AST, 16pts
    Harden 36 min, 10 shots, 7 AST, 26pts
    Lin 32 min, 14 shots, 2 AST, 16pts

Parsons 35min, 16 shots, 3 AST, 20pts
    Harden 40min, 18 shots, 4 AST, 26pts
    Lin 39min, 18 shots, 2 AST, 16pts

Assists:

Why is he mutating into Carmelo Anthony?

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I could say this about Harden as well at times during the game. Have you seen his perimeter passes to players on the arc? He throws passes at their feet.

9. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Alright buddy, you've posted it here already: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8822553&postcount=511

Are you going to keep regurgitating the same stuff in every single thread? Time to take a break.

10. archinkent

archinkent Member

He has 7 assists tonight.

11. torocan

torocan Member

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

True Lin Solution. Trade him along with our 2014 1st round pick for nothing. Clear capspace with other trades. Aim for Melo.

Lin may or may not be good. But he's obviously not good on this team.

13. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

Wow you must not like lin at all. In your eyes he must have tried everything in his power to lose the game. He must have tried for the steal and lose it on purpose. He must have told the other team to foul him so he couldn't call a time out.

Your logic needs work, my friend

14. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

I'll sell my soul to satan to never have to see lin play another game as a member of the houston rockets

15. Clarinetmonster

Hmm. This is all true, but apparently if you are a 'purebred' Rocket fan, you have no right to criticize your superstar.

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I liked the way Lin played today. A bit out of control, but I am thinking with him, that's his best style...kinda like drunken master.

I don't think hes the reason we lost, when Lin is aggressive the team offense runs so much better. He's still making common mistakes but I think with enough time that will get a lot better.

18. RedJinx

RedJinx Member

There is no lin problem. lin is doing what the team and mchale wants him to do.

The numbr of shots taken and other production is simply defined as a role players.

both loh and lof expects higher production numbers., he WILL not because of the system and quotas and plays run.

19. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

When did you buy it back? :grin:

20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

You're an idiot!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bY_-F6XhpcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DeRozan grab Lin's arm at 1:45. Since he's not superhuman to call a time out in that situation, it's Lin's fault right? LOL