1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 4/2/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2014.

1. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

This assumption. Is this the general knee jerk thing that people are talking about? I tend to comment that Lin didn't do too well. I just don't come off as a pompous ass in my declaration of it. I don't think I've been called racist. I'm starting to see this issue as overblown, and literally paranoia in that sort of "Attack them before they attack me" mob mentality.

2. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

I think your comment is misguided. Rockets fans are so obsessed with why people like Jeremy Lin. I'll tell you why: he has a unique story and he is talented.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. That just means you have a few "black" guys at your job.

4. lfw

lfw Rookie

You mean I can't walk into any hood and get respect?!?!?!

5. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Yeah... that's probably the worse example that will only perpetuate misunderstanding and more extreme comments. I think discussing Lin brings out the worse in people for the lack of a better word, that dude is not good topic for a healthy conversation.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The biggest mistake in your post is using a mass media imposing stereotype. There are more Asians world wide living in "ghetto" conditions period than any other race. It's the same more people in China speak English than America trick. Think about it.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Why is "black" in quotations? Can I get a season pass for the hood? "black" references available upon request.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

9. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

didn't watch the game. how did Lin end up with the greatest +/- by far for the rx?

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Stop bringing race into this you asshats. Take that crap to the debate forum.

11. jms99

jms99 Member

Actually, I'm a LOH, and I'm a racist. I just get a little mad if Lin succeeds. Just a little. I don't know why. It's just a natural reaction. And I'll admit it. I get mad when someone from another race is very good at certain things. I think it's called inferiority complex, and I'll be the first to admit that I have it. It's also just a standard dislike of someone disrupting the status quo. Even Lebron, I don't like, because he somewhat challenges Jordan as the greatest player of all time. And I simply don't like that at a subconscious level, where I feel the hatred coming up, yet I understand exactly why those feelings come up. Same reason I kind of dislike Obama. Because he's black.

And when they fail, I enjoy it a little bit. That one's called schadenfreude, I think.

I would not be surprised if many, many people felt the way I do. It just gets suppressed and sometimes my hatred is very transparent to those with a lot of empathy and excellent instincts for human nature and human behavior. And my behavior is nuts to those around me, and I can't see myself because I am not outside of my own body.

When I found out that Rue on Hunger Games was black, I got a little mad. That probably makes me a racist, but I'll be the first to admit that that feeling came to me subconsciously, and I could not help it. Much like psychologists who give people a test to see if they associate negative traits to blacks and positive traits to whites subconsciously. And EVERYONE comes out as racists, including black people.

The best I can hope for is to analyze the feeling after I have it, and try to understand the feeling.

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

You guys need to relax. Watch the astros

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yikes. Ignore list continues to grow.

14. masc0635

masc0635 Member

because he sucks, this is the reason I read from this thread.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Hmmm..

16. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

your honesty far outweighs whatever racist tendencies you claim to have.

now if more people would just be levelheaded about things...

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Funny thing is, Lin haters were MIA when rockets bench made that run with Jeremy. When the Rockets lost and it came time to blame somebody, they came back in full force.

Blame Lin for the loss even though we would've gotten blown out anyway if it weren't for him and the bench unit.

Blame Lin even though he has highest +/- on the team.

Blame Lin even though he hit the 3 pointer and got the steal to even put himself in position to potentially call a TO.

Forget the fact that he got grabbed on the arm and couldn't call the TO.

It's all Lin's fault.

18. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

His annoying fans made that happen.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

Some people from both sides need to be suspended for a few days to cool down....my goodness.

20. verysimplejason

People here always view the glass here half-empty... View it half-full and everybody will be happier.