1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

It is sucking this game thats for sure.

2. anchel

anchel Member

Too many teams look more serious/elaborate than the Rockets. Too many, considering we should be an elite team, with an elite coach and an elite preparation.

3. jtr

jtr Member

Then what do you attribute the improvement in defense from #16 to #9 in the NBA? C'mon c'mon let me know ...

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I think with the dame exact team a different coach (Karl?) We would easily have 55-58 wins. McHale makes everything so much harder than it needs to be.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

Howard with Asik as back up
    Improvement of DMo and Bev starting

It's really simple

This team has the record because of the talent and inspite of an inadequate below average coach in McHale and not because of him

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He killed every momentum the team had in getting back into the game...smh

7. count_dough-ku

Well, if this team chokes away the 4th seed and loses in Round 1, we may find out. At least I hope we do. I'm fine with McHale coming back if he can lead this team to a playoff series victory, but there is no excuse for him returning as head coach if they lose in the first round again.

8. jtr

jtr Member

People here mistakenly depend on their eye tests, opinions, biases and emotions when making comments. Your eye test is absolutely meaningless. You will never be an NBA scout, much less a NBA coach. Get used to it. You have no idea what the 2.9 is, you have no understanding of defense, you cannot describe the difference between the motion offense and the Triangle. From a stats perspective you do not understand even where to get information other than box score data. Do not act like you have a worthwhile opinion unless you can bring in cold hard analysis. I hate weak ****.

9. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

He made some really questionable personnel changes as the Rockets were mounting a comeback to bring it within 2. The most egregious part was ignoring Harden when he was grimacing in pain after hitting the backboard trying to block a shot. Your superstar is hurting and couldn't defend which led to 2 easy possessions for Toronto. Only then did he a call a TO. Freaking McFail = momentum killer.

10. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I think McHale is a good, not great coach.

But the one thing that really, really bugs me about him is that he is so loyal to his starters even if they're playing terribly. Case in the point -- bringing them back in when the bench had done a great job playing with heart and energy.

For. Shame.

11. jtr

jtr Member

You need to more closely examine rotation minutes and how quickly bench players get fatigued. It would explain a lot to you.

12. dk808

dk808 Member

mchale reminds me of dantoni. he can average and below average players to succeed, but cant lead stars.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

All you do is number crunch meaningless stats. You are giving people that use only stats a bad name.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Not everyone has elite eyes like me, maybe Phil but I doubt it.

15. jtr

jtr Member

And you add nothing of value other than your oh so valuable opinions. You have not demonstrated any knowledge or understanding of the game, you post your unsupported thoughts and you blame others who call you to task for unsupported sloppy comments.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My comments are now being echoed by the fans here. Who in the blue hell echoes you?

17. jtr

jtr Member

Don't you feel special playing so well to the ignorant and unwashed masses? You should be extremely proud of yourself.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You will be forgiven my friend and you will apologize.

19. jtr

jtr Member

I choose to be unforgiven but correct.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

Stop posting like you know more than the average Rocket fan . You just don't.

Your arrogance is astounding for someone who doesn't know something as simple as Rockets running plays. Perhaps Bmd and OHMMMM (?) can give you another lesson

1 person likes this.