1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 4/2/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2014.

1. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Or, some of them don't have a job and/or don't go to school.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'd rather just read it and have a good laugh and occasionally tell you how no one values your opinion. You can ignore me also. So far in my 4 years here, 1 person has been enough a troll/douche to be on my ignore list. You are not that relevant.

3. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

I've just literally never seen you post ANYTHING other than defending Lin. You obviously don't give a **** about the rockets, you just want to defend your man crush. GTFO no one here wants to hear your bull**** excuses.

4. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Defense

Lin gave up 9 points

Harden gave up 23

Parsons gave up 30

To me Parsons lost this game for us, dude did nothing in the 2nd half

Harden stop trying after he hurt his hand

Only Lin and caanon played any defense on the perimeter

Sad when we have to put our PG (lin) to defend the raptors SF(Ross)

Without Howard every team will pick on Parsons and harden

Third game in a row that Parsons and harden gave up 45+ points

5. lfw

lfw Rookie

I do this in real life now. It simplified my life incredibly.. or should I say lincredibly. Sleep like a baby now.

6. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

of course they don't have jobs, 10 year olds can't work.... their parents really should make them go to school tho....

7. Clarinetmonster

That, people, is a post. Now ask me why Lin was a +15 again.

8. Rox7

Rox7 Member

Can we fire McHale now?

Anyway, Lin cost us the game and he sucks.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm willing to bet that Harden doesn't play Friday.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm not relevant but yet you reply to my every post.

LOL you're as much of a joke as your god Lin is on the court.

11. adobo

adobo Member

LOL so many Lin hates again. Anyway back to the real issue for this game...

-Chemistry between Harden and the rest of the team without Howard and Bev is quite non existent on both offense and defense

-Lots of energy wasted on running around with no real direction due to the lack of chemistry and is compounded by turnovers and missed shots as a result which then drops the intensity of this team.

-Lin and Harden should not really play together in long stretches. Lin is a solid/good PG if he is able to run the offense, that is his natural habit, with Harden his role changes to be a hybrid PG/SG which is where he gets in trouble. Bev is so important in this team, because he compliments Harden and Lin compliments the bench (i.e. without Harden)

-DMO and his dumb fouls in the past few games. Could have used more minutes from DMO today.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Not the full story about how many points Parsons gave up. Derozen was making tough shots on good d. People need to understand that a player can give up points on good d when there is better o.

13. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Buuut buut buut JEREMY LIN is BAD I need to wet my pants all day seeing every wrong Lin does :'(

14. treeman

treeman Member

Wow, people freaking out because we lost to a fairly decent Toronto team on the road, tail end of B2B, missing Dwight Howard and Patrick Beverly... Yeah, that DEFINITELY means we're out in the first round. :rolleyes:

Issues? Yes. We certainly need Dwight back, Bev too. But it is what it is. Lin is who he is, some nights he's stellar and some nights he is just one string of walking stupidity, but he's usually serviceable. When Jones disappears things usually don;t go well, I've noticed.

But it ain't panic time yet. I for one won;t bail on the season unless either Dwight or Harden has a serious injury. Short of that, we are in decent shape come playoff time.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Dude, calm down. Lin made a good drive to the basket in transition. He came from the left and came across the lane to the right of the basket. I don't even think Lin would've collided with DeRozan unless DeRozan slid away from the basket to draw a call.

Lin dumped it off to a streaking Asik which is the right play. A good aggressive drive and dish, but the 50-50 call went the wrong way. If it were anybody else but Lin dishing it to Asik, we would all be hating on the refs. But since it was Lin, the haters will always blame him.

16. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Lin's fault for this "not so fresh" feeling I get every month. Anyways, another game, another loss, not in jeopardy of losing out seed unlike last year. Team's obviously struggling with missing players. This "late season collapse" won't bite us in the ass so let them struggle. This rough stretch will serve as a chemistry building lesson to get them ready for the realities of the playoffs. Other than that, Lin sucks, god is good, etc.

17. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

That was a dumb play. Lin sucks.

18. novaman

novaman Member

wow- amazing thread, and amazing board. I watched the game and then logged in just to hear what was being discussed here, and based on what I read in this thread and a few others, if I had not watched the game I would conclude that Lin stunk it up and had a bad night. I have not a clue what game other's watched but it must not have been the same one I watched.

19. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

When Lin goes to his new team, he'll kill it just like Dragic and Lowry.....

And Rox fans will be screaming over another former PG taking off......

The problem isn't Lin, just like the problem wasn't Lowry or Dragic.... The problem is our broken offensive system, which is point guard friendly like the Pope is Swahili.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The reffs were terrible all around. Not going to lie. At the end of the day I am hoping for Lin to succeed, he just needs to give me more of a reason to praise him .

On a positive note , I thought that his defense was great for most of the game. His low IQ plays just do it for me, if he cut those out I would be extremely happy.