1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 4/2/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2014.

1. SDPanda

SDPanda New Member

I really hope the LOH comments are just trolls. I use to only really see them comment in retaliation to crazy/over the top LOF, but now they just flood the GARM/Game Threads.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Besdies score 16(albeit on poor fg%) 7 assists 2 steals 1 block 2 turnovers and the highest pt diff on the team.

4. Play07

Play07 Member

Lin played good D, didn't turn the ball over on any bad passes like y'all cry about, didn't have the best game offensively but got us back in the game, and y'all still only can blame him for the game ?

I'm convinced Lin has to have a perfect game for y'all not to blame him for a lost. #THE HATE IS REAL

Lin+15
    harden -15
    Parsons -14

5. zawa

zawa Member

First it was LOFs, now that those people got a life, the LOHs come out in full force ****ing **** up again, can we have a peaceful game thread for once, not one that has "Lin" written in 90% of the posts.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There was a Toronto fan handling the boxscore.

7. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Question:

what if after trading Lin away we get another polarizing figure at PG every damn season?

Prolly well fed trolls.

Seriously for the sake of the board if you've nothing good to say how about doing something more productive in real life? Clutch after every game says post game analysis starts from x point. All we get is 95% bs where everyone can't get along.

Cool off or log off sheesh.

8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kevin McHale very short w/ media tonight. Mainly stressed team didn't play hard enough, took too many plays off. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rockets&amp;src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/statuses/451537681336389632">April 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well, the Toronto game strikes again. 8 and counting.

Probably a win if we were at full strength, but the cards not falling our way right now.

Not too worried about this though. What matters is we maintain our current bracket and Howard/Bev are healthy and ready to go for the playoffs.

Homecourt would be huge for a Blazers series, but I still think we could win without it.

The only thing worrying me right now is the PG position. Lin has regressed so badly it is highly concerning.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I thought we all agreed that +/- is not a good statistic.

11. Clarinetmonster

Hmm - tell you're friends I'm not Asian and I think they all suck. Point?

12. conquistador#11

the scary thing is you have melt downs by our teams ending the season, before everybody's favorite pg even joined the rockets. it's an issue.

13. zawa

zawa Member

As long as Lin is on this team, don't expect anyone to get friendly with anyone. We will win the NBA championship and there'll still be people posting only about Lin and how much they love/hate him

14. bluemars

bluemars Member

Agreed. It's one thing for a player to have the highest +/-. It's another thing when that +/- is significantly higher than the next player on the team with most of the team in the negative.

15. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

In my opinion, we lost the game when parsons was put back in in the 4th quarter. Parsons was obviously really tired and defensively was a liability. Garcia was playing great D and he was in the flow of the game with Lin and Canaan.

Not to sound like a homer, but the refs really screwed us in the beginning.

16. zawa

zawa Member

Don't try to ignore this stat, especially when the difference is 30, that is definitely something

17. klkl96

klkl96 Member

Why bother to do this kind of analysis. No fun. +/- never a reliable stats. Lin was just lucky on the court when Rockets caught up the score. He sucks anyway.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's not a sole indicator of good play but it can be one indicator out of many others including the eye test. Lin having the highest +/- out of the entire team says SOMETHING about his play. Mainly, he was a big part of the comeback in the beginning of the 4th.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

It's. It but today it actually was, if u watched the game

20. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Sometimes I got to wonder what are the average ages of the people posting in the game thread, it like an elementary school playground around here after a loss. Its like the collective IQ of the board drops 15 points.

And people jumping all over Jeremy really need to chill out, while he didn't shoot the ball particularly well, I thought he played a good game over all. He basically led the comeback while James was out. He gets fouled on the last play with no call, and people are blaming him instead of the refs? Really? Smh