1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley has a torn meniscus (UPDATE: Will not require surgery, expected to return)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by loveofthegame44, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

You got the hatred cancer too, like some clutchfans members.

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

No it really isn't. Canaan has skills and will be a good PG in the NBA in the future. You can't expect him to come in and not turn the ball over the first few times he gets playing time.

Lin on the other hand has had 2-3 years of playing time and still does the same dumb **** every game. Jump up with no where to go.. That is a lack of BB IQ. You don't run into the lane, jump and toss the ball to the other team. I mean at least shoot the damn thing instead of setting up the other team for an easy dunk.

3. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

No set timetable. I hope 3 weeks for the tear to heal and then he can start practice and go full energizer bunny for 35min. in the first round of the playoffs. Or would be start back with limited minutes until the WCF?

4. eslate22

eslate22 Member

its Lin's fault Dwight had a cyst in his ankle and his missing time now

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If we draw Portland then I could see us beating them without Bev pretty easy.

Hoping he start practicing in about 2 weeks.

6. eslate22

eslate22 Member

2-4 weeks is what I saw

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

OH PRAISE THE LORD THE RETURN OF BEV

8. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

As long as Lin will be on the bench, we'll be fine.

9. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Ok this whole thing about Lin jumping in the air and turning it over is so overblown. He does that maybe once or twice a game. Granted he shouldn't be doing it at all but you guys make it seem like that's all he does. Last game he was extremely ****ty but if he knocked down a couple more of his shots that he usually makes, not many people would be complaining that hard about his play.

Lin rarely ever shoots 1-9. And I'd rather have him being aggressive and getting to the line than him just standing in the corner and offering nothing. Yea, Lin needs to get better at not jumping with nowhere to go and he really should have learned this by now, but you guys make it sound like that's all he does. It's completely overblown

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I don't think Lin belongs anywhere inside of a 8 or 9 man rotation at this point.

He may mature over the next couple years but he is just very erratic in play.

I do think it is mental and I don't expect that to be fixed in Houston.

JR

11. davidio840

It isn't completely overblown. He does it 3-5 times a game. Sometimes he gets bailed out by his teammates and you don't realize he did it. I agree that I would rather Lin be driving to the basket rather than shooting the 3. He doesn't make many of those either. He needs to stop running in there with nowhere to go. It seems like that is his only move and other teams just wait for him. He needs to expand his game if he wants another contract after this one or he will find himself out of the league.

The reason you might think it is overblown is because he keeps doing it and it keeps being brought up. Hell, even Bill Worrell has to mention 2-3 times a game. Giving the other team easy dunk shots on TO's is a momentum changer. So many LOF's on here look at stats and that is their argument. When in reality, it is the things he does NOT do on the court that is the problem.

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

While I agree to an extent, I will say that he frequently operates at a speed and one mode mentality of "I'm going balls out and if it doesn't work I'll improvise" which frequently makes him look like he has no idea what he's doing. When it works, it's fantastic, and he does generally finish well, but you have to play within yourself to be successful and when you do these things where option b is "hope I can figure it out midair going 90mph if they thwart my speedy plan of surprise" you're choosing a style of play that is somewhat selfish, and very erratic. Basically, good defenses see this and make him make mistakes, which look bad by this strategy.

And he does it more like 3-4 times a game, imo. If he'd reel it in just a bit and quit letting the pressure to succeed make him force bad decisions, I think he'd be much improved, and he might go back to surprising people with his speed and ability to finish.

1 person likes this.
  13. MystikArkitect

Maybe we can trade him to the Raiders?

14. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

I am wondering how thunder fans feel about the news now?

15. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Jeremy Lin: "It's my fault. It's my fault we missed free throws. It's my fault we lost both games. Blame me. It's my fault we fouled to tie the game up. That's my fault. It's my fault they get easy layups. It's my fault we're not executing well on the offensive end. It's my fault a couple people in the stands ordered Heinekens and they got Budweiser. It's my fault. I'm sorry."

1 person likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Sometimes he almost turns it over after jumping. Those don't count as turnovers, but they disrupt the offense.

17. yummyhawtsauce

now we are the point of tracking his every movement on the court, every flinch, every drop of sweat means something deeper

1 person likes this.
  18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

when you do it EVERY game it isnt overblown.

19. davidio840

I am sure for you it certainly does.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

No silly, still talking about jumping in the air.