1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 19, 2013.

1. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

I like how they censored it with all the other horrific stuff that happens in the show

2. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Right? Now that I think about it, they don't ever curse in the show, yet everyone in the comic is a sailor mouth. Don't think they should be censoring the curses.

Need to watch the beginning half of the season. Only managed to catch the ending. Talking is really good this week imo

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Hmmm....not bad.

Can't wait till next week ...Game of Thrones. :)

4. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

It's AMC so they can't say ***. They can say shiat though, if i'm not mistaken.

Rick's last line was cheesy the way it was. Should have just gone with the F word and bleeped it out.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I believe Breaking Bad was allowed one or two F words a season and they used them very very well, the most famous probably being "I f-ed Ted".

I don't see why TWD couldn't use it here. It makes it so so so much more badass.

6. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

They didn't censor it in Breaking Bad though. Guess more kids watch Walking Dead?

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

they used it a lot in season 1

NSFW LANGUAGE
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NQnA6jrzHBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Earlier in this episode, they showed a guy's face get bit off, another guy's throat get bit off by a living person, and a 13 year old boy almost get raped, but they can't show boobs or say the F word. I don't understand censorship.

9. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

What's the deal with Carl walking in slow motion to line up in front of the freight car? They made it seem like he was hesitant about it. I was hoping he tried something and got shot. That would've been great.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

What's with some of you wanting Carl dead? And use spoilers if you are going to reference the comics. In the show he hasn't really done anything to warrant such hatred.

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

In his defense, he said he wanted to see Carl get shot, not necessarily die.

And people will reference the comics in this thread without using spoilers if they damn well please!!

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I was pretty far behind so I decided to read the plot synopsis for the episodes in the second half of season 4. After seeing how boring and slow they were, I'm glad I did.

Interesting season finale, but the name "Terminus" bugs the crap out of me. I mean, who the hell names their sanctuary something that means "the end". How ominous and foreboding is that? Plus, it constantly reminds me of Majora's Mask from the Legend of Zelda, heh.

Minor gripe aside, I just hope that these villains don't end up so cartoony and one-dimensional as the Governor and his merry bands of mercenaries. It looks to be some kind cannibalistic society run amok or something. Pretty standard fare to introduce that eventually in the survival horror genre. Just hope that it's a compelling use of the trope.

13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Best episode of the season.

I can't wait till the next season! So many questions left unanswered.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The episode was OK except for the flashbacks, which were a complete waste of time IMO. Using filler in a season finale is pathetic.

The "cliffhanger" was awful too. Was that really supposed to leave people hanging for more? I'm glad it's finally over and won't miss the show at all.

15. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

It literally turned into Lost with zombies with them flashbacks.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

As an episode of the walking dead I enjoyed it, but this as a season finale I was disappointed. I thought there was going to be a bigger reveal or death like they have been alluding to in the "who will survive?" posters. Something that would have made a slow plodding season worth it. Everyone knew terminus wasn't on the up and up. I thought we needed another event to make this worth while finale. A death, the fate of Beth, or a reunion with Rick, Carl and Judith before they get put in the train would have been good. this was just another tease for me after a season of teases. Flashbacks in a season finale makes it feel like they didnt have enough to put in the episode.. shrug.. it was all right I guess. I wonder when the fans will finally turn on this show.

17. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

My thoughts exactly. Good episode, but thats the season finale?? after i just recently read one of the producers or writers saying that this seasons finale would have one of the greatest cliff hangers in TV history???

you gotta be kidding me! and i say this while conceding i actually really enjoyed this episode, especially in comparison to the previous episodes.

Basically they've reunited in a big train car, and the terminus people are actually not that nice. Big whoop.

18. Swishh

Swishh Member

Surely the people weren't even trying to kill Rick's group when they were running away right? They had so many opportunities, and it just seemed like they intentionally missed.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I liked the friendship power between Darryl and Rick, reminds me how far they've come so thats a thumbs up...but flashbacks...seriously? Wtf is this, it was clear as day that it was filler material and for a finale its inexcusable. How hard is it to get good writing for a show as popular as this?

20. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

The people were just making them run where they wanted to, alluding to the scene earlier with Rick, Carl, and Michonne about the trap.