1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've Seen Enough - Canaan Should Start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Mar 29, 2014.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Canaan hasn't impressed at all. Even Courtney Fortson had better moments in a Rockets jersey.

2. SacTown

SacTown Member

Dude. Lin shouldn't even be in the NBA.

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Frikin Jeremy Lin...

4. goyao11

goyao11 Member

haha.

A rookie with one good game (and one with several turnovers at that) should not sway anybody's opinion.

Lin is a quality player with enough of a body of work, but has played like crap against the Clips.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

better than Jacki Chan 2.0:cool:

6. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

lmao kneejerk

7. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

They don't have game plan against Canaan yet

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What an awful performance by Lin tonight. Not what I wanted to see especially with Beverley going to be out for an extended period of time. I'm almost to the point where I want to see Canaan over Lin even if Beverley gets back.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

He could be on the Sixers. They're practically a d-league team anyway.

10. dream_team

dream_team Member

This post is knee-jerk, and I'm a Lin fan... but I can understand the thinking.

I always thought Lin's best role on this team is to be the offensive option on the 2nd unit when Harden & Howard are out. That's why I understand the thinking.

But at the same time... not sure if I want to trust a rookie 2nd rounder as a starting point guard on a "contending team".

I really hope Bev comes back by playoffs, but if he doesn't, I think we have to roll with Lin at the starting spot.

11. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lin plays terribly against the Clips... and the Heat.

I'm not opposed to Canaan starting but Lin should be better against most teams. As long as they're not named Clippers, Heat, or Thunder. And yes, that doesn't bode well for the playoffs

12. BMoney

BMoney Member

It's time you stopped posting. Forever.

13. Aleron

Aleron Member

Harden Harden Harden Mcfail Murray

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I agree Old Man Rock. Canaan wasn't great but he still was more effective tonight against the Clips. Theirs a reason why Bev starts over him. Canaan needs to be starting if Bev can't make it back.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Let me guess: you started watching basketball in 2012?

16. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Agreed. Lin is not NBA level.

So Rockets paying him $15 million next makes us...

17. CDrex

CDrex Member

I'm not willing to go that far yet. Lin has had some effective stretches as a Rocket. He needs to recapture that and he has to get minutes for that.

Maybe two more games of this quality from Lin and from Canaan respectively and I might be convinced.

Let this not be construed as a defense of Lin's game tonight, which was complete ass.

18. dream_team

dream_team Member

BTW, you guys do realize Canaan had more turnovers than Lin, in less minutes.

19. vator

vator Member

See, but here is the thing. Lin always felt he should be the starter, he knew Beverley was out and that this was a chance for him to prove it and also that this was a HUGE game for us for several different reasons...and he no showed. He freakin no showed and this seems to be more of a trend in big games than him rising to the occasion. That scares the **** out of me and a lot of other people here. This guy has not shown the fanbase that he can be trusted when we need him most during those pressure packed moments. Beverley was nothing special, but at least you knew pretty much what you would get from him game in and game out and his confidence never seems to waver. Lin...

1 person likes this.
  20. MichaelG281713

It's not knee jerk. Lin is that bad.

All on Les.

Chose a gimmick over integrity. Now it's biting them ass as it should. You pull a jerry jones, you get burnt like jerry jones.

1 person likes this.