1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arrow: television series discussion thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulftsk, Feb 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

The latest episode was one of the worst in the entire series so far. Laurel is the worst character of all time! I cannot stand her.

The whole substance abuse thing is just hilarious.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

This show is worth watching because it might be the cheesiest series on right now

3. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Is this honestly good...? It looks so cheesy / corny/ teenager. I used to watch Smallville and Supernatural when I was in my teens on the CW so I am guessing it is along those cheesy lines.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There is nothing cheezy about this show, it's spectacular. It's unfortuante it gets grouped in with some of the other CW chick shows.

Although the Laurel substance abuse storyline has been lame and heavy handed, but it's one of the smaller plotlines.

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Surprised not to see this thread at the top after tonight's awesome episode. Even though you know it'll happen, it really seems utterly impossible for Ollie to get the upper hand on Slade right now If there's one thing I'd love in my superhero stories, it's adversity, and this show provides it in spades.

Also, help refresh my memory from last season, what events from then, besides the really obvious ones, will have the biggest impact now that Laurel knows Ollie is the Arrow?

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If this show we're on HBO or AMC it would be at the top. This show is pretty sick, but many people will simply never watch the CW.

She knows who the Arrow is, her father is under arrest for working with the Arrow, they're somehow gonna have to play that out. Aside from the blame for Tommy nothing else happened last season that should effect this subplot.

Yep Deathstroke certainly has his balls in a blender right now, he even controls his freaking company now. Love this damn show, second only to Game of Thrones right now in my book.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its pretty cheesy. It is the CW, so you will have plenty of post-teen angst. The average age of the characters is around 25. In one episode, you'll have characters acting like 14 year olds, and the next they will act like adults with a life time of wisdom and experience.

Its an ok show. If it went away, I wouldn't miss it. It is one of the best shows on the CW ... but thats not saying much.

8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Love the Bane/TDKR approach they are taking with Slade. Miranda Tate = Summer Glau

9. mikus

mikus Member

When I first started watching Arrow, I felt like it was Green Arrow gets the Batman Begins treatment. Since then, we've started to see real super powers, but still a similar tone.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

[​IMG]

My reaction at every moment this past episode.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sick episode!!!!!!

12. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Just watched last 5 episodes after being on a break. WOW!

The 2-episode thriller coming up is going to fun.

Deathstroke is one psychotic mother-effer. His truthbomb to Laurel was one of the funniest things ever. I cringe at all the reasons he's taking revenge but its the serum making him mad. Can't wait for Ollie reveals the truthbomb to put him in his place. I have a feeling his hallucinations of Shado are going to turn on him eventually.

-Ollie f--ked Shado. That's right OLLIE'S penis went into Shado not Slade's.
    -Shado and Ollie were in actual love with each other
    -The only time Shado cared for Slade was when he was near death
    -Slade is a pathetic loser screaming EMOOOO

13. SexyButIgnorant

Yeah, I don't know what took me so long but I just saw the Deathstroke episode. Damn. Slade Wilson, the total badass.

And considering the ending of the episode,
    Doesn anyone else think they're eventually gonna take Oliver into the Iron-Man route, that is, publicly revealing that he is the Arrow. It seems inevitable, almost everyone knows already.

14. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Thea needs to stop being a b****.

But yeah, another good episode. Deathstroke is a beast. Though I want to see this story come to an end, as Ollie has been taking on a beating for too long.

Also, I don't know what was more awesome, Deathstroke grabbing Ollie as he's jumping off the freighter, or Deathstroke grabbing Sara by the throat as she's lunging at him.

#74 Eric Riley, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I thought it was a decent episode but it was hard to follow up last week's, especially with the two-week hiatus.

Deathstroke grabbing Ollie is definitely more awesome. You think he's gonna escape and then "yoink", he's gotcha by the foot and just plops you back on ship like a jumping fish.

Kinda surprising how nobody on Team Ollie thought to rethink the security of their base. I mean, Deathstroke has been in the shadows gathering intelligence and funding all the nefarious plots this season. You'd think their secret base not being so secret would cross their minds at one point.

Other twists: didn't think Roy would be hooked up to the transfusion machine. Also, thought Diggle shooting Summer Glau was a bit anticlimactic, but then she gets revived by mirakuru (probably should've seen that coming).

16. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Glau is such a *****. Glad Diggle put her in her place even though I expected she wouldn't be killed off. Great episode.

Thea is starting to piss me off now.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Thea's emo act is annoying to say the least, but Manu Bennet does such a good job as DeathStroke.

18. SexyButIgnorant

holy crap!! did anyone see tonight's episode?? The last ten minutes were CRAZY!

19. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

OMGKJDFJHEPDOJ

Holy **** was I wrong to think this would get me in a better mood after the Rockets loss!

Why can't the good guys win? :(

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Exactly my thoughts right now. At first I was all "Well, at least I have Arrow to watch to improve the night." Afterwards it was, "Well, f-ck. Everything sucks."

Still, that was an INCREDIBLE episode. Just GREAT television. And I thought Ollie couldn't get the upper hand on Slade before. Now I have no idea how he can win.