1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bobcats 3/24/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 24, 2014.

1. FeaR

FeaR Member

From Dawk Ins

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7TKLKE8ssPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I will upload my TJ highlights later.

2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Didn't he had an inbound under the basket to Bev for a score?

3. FeaR

FeaR Member

I don't remember to tell you the truth, i was telling about his turnover- inbound pass to Howard 8.42 3rd Q.

4. FeaR

FeaR Member

I am sorry for the double post, yes Parsons had a good inbound pass (4.45 1st Q) to Bev for an easy lay-up, i just prefer more secure passes. Always sth to complain about :grin:.

5. FeaR

FeaR Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OiarGpd66Ao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I continue to be impressed with Jones, especially when he puts it on the floor. Wonder how good he is going to be; much better than expected, that's for sure.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

In reality if you expect Anthony Davis to be a superstar then it wouldn't be crazy to think Terrance Jones would be a allstar. They both played side by side at Kentucky and at times I would be like Jones has skills that Anthony Davis doesn't but Davis is great at more things then Jones obviously.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

man you are thinking too deep. Plus 5 games are you serious lol. Like I said before , it's called players stepping up in theSuperstars absence. When Harden was out what was our record? Did they moved the ball well then? Yes sir

1 person likes this.
  9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That is the way that joker gets down.

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yes it would be crazy to suggest Jones would be a super star. Sorry. Take your medications.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Read again but this time slow down.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You beat me to it. :)-

13. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Anthony Davis is a legit 7-footer with long arms. He leads the NBA in block shots. Also has a very consistent mid-range and improving 3-point shot. He is a true #1 Draft Pick that teams would gladly tank for.

14. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

P.S. I would trade Dwight and Jones for Anthony Davis anyday.

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

I had a whole paragraph typed up on why I disagree and then I deleted it.... This comment is just stupid... Sorry...

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

No it's not. Anthony Davis for Dwight and Jones might be the greatest trade Morey would ever pull off. Davis is in his second year. Rookie contract. He's already an all-star. He has the potential to be the UNDENIABLE 3rd best player in the league after Durant and Lebron. He actually has the potential to be better than Durant. What Davis is doing is amazing in his 2nd year. If you don't trade Dwight for Davis you're just being greedy. Harden and Davis for the next 10-13 seasons with both hitting primes around the same time? YES PLEASE.

And no slight to Jones either. Great player. Nothing Anthony Davis great though.

17. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Anthony Davis at 21 years old + James Harden will make the Rockets a playoff dynasty for many years. Dwight has already peaked and will be on his decline soon. With Davis, his ceiling may not be realized for years to come.

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Davis will be another KG. We would do better with a Duncan.

19. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

WAIT?? What's wrong with KG? Did you start watching basketball after maybe.. I dunno 2012? What Anthony Davis is doing right now is like what KD did in his sophomore season. What Lebron did in his sophomore season. What Derrick Rose did in his sophomore season. He's averaging 22/11/3 blocks as a 20/21 year old! Seriously, guys?? Is this even a question??? Sorry, I just read the last page and I have no idea how this discussion started, but I've seen some questionable post here already.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Anthony Davis has missed 30 games in his 2 year career, Dwight has missed 28 in his 10 year career....

Even that aside, Davis is at least 2 years away from being a good defender (as opposed to just being an athletic shot blocker), and then he's probably another cpl years away from being able to anchor a defense. That New Orleans didn't want Asik because it would hinder his development should give an idea of where in his development cycle he is, ie very very early.

The idea that you would trade the best center in the nba for potential and waste 3-4 years of your other stars prime/near prime is just some musical chairs nonsense.

And that doesn't even touch on the issue of the impact on any future signing that comes from trading away an all star free agent.