1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. zawa

zawa Member

obviously after getting 3 straights wins with lin doing decent off the bench, the thread getting bumped the most is the jeremy lin is a joke thread.

2. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

don't be too serious, Dei was just trolling

3. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

This idiot is even more destructive and malicious than the LOFs to this forum. His day job is here to agitate and to flame with the goal to cause non-stop poo fling among the posters.

4. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

you are so wrong in multiple layers.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You have no d? Just like Lin! :p

6. VeloCity

VeloCity Member

He's one of the more productive players off the Rockets bench, if not the most productive.... I am not sure how you could call him a joke of a basketball player. If you want to call his fans jokes, go right ahead. But you have to understand not every Jeremy Lin fan is a "LOF". There are some life-long Rockets fans that consider themselves Lin fans. He's a decent player and a classy kid. He represents the Rox organization extremely well in the community. Bottom line, the guy's performance on the basketball court is far from a joke. Inconsistent? Yes. A Joke? Only if you have a sick sense of humor. Bad contract? yes, but who am I (or you, in this case) to do Morey's job? It's not even my (or your) money! Can't get rid of him fast enough? Well, he's here until at least after the playoff run. You wanna support the Rox? Better be cheering him on or you can go watch the Astros.
    Just support the team, support the players, and enjoy the mostly successful season. You hate Lin fans? Rip them a new one everytime. Just don't hate the player because of the fans.

7. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

no, like Haren

8. Dei

Dei Member

Bravo. You're not as stupid as I thought.

9. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

I just don't take them too seriously...
    Some people are born to be obnoxious. You can't change them. You can only laugh at them.

10. RedJinx

RedJinx Member

CF is a Lin Fan forum the poll is clear.

if you voted Jeremy is a Joke, IMO you are a LOH

Why do most people do not think he is a joke? Its simple, Jeremy helps the rockets win plenty of times. The Rockets has a winning season and Jeremy plays majority of the game with avg 13p/4a as a PG who doesn't have the ball on his hands. Jeremy is the #2 ranked in rockets assist category as the PG. I doubt any other player playing alongside harden will get more assists than Jeremy IMO.

I doubt TP and Nash were playing PG as a starter with alongside a dominate SG who does ISOs in the first 2 years.

11. RedJinx

RedJinx Member

CF is a Lin Fan forum, the poll is clear.

if you voted Jeremy is a Joke, IMO you are a LOH

Why do most people do not think he is a joke? Its simple, Jeremy helps the rockets win plenty of times. The Rockets has a winning season and Jeremy plays majority of the game with avg 13p/4a as a PG who doesn't have the ball on his hands. Jeremy is the #2 ranked in rockets assist category as the PG. I doubt any other player playing alongside harden will get more assists than Jeremy IMO.

I doubt TP and Nash were playing PG as a starter with alongside a dominate SG who does ISOs in the first 2 years.

12. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

man, you are really pinching some people's nerves

13. RedJinx

RedJinx Member

lol not LOF... but Lin Fan and Rockets Fan Forum.

14. yummyhawtsauce

That's true the poll shows most people don't think Lin is joke, so why are we still debating this? Just because LOF or LOH might not agree?

15. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

Just follow Lin haters' logic, it is simple and obvious that most people are LOFs,

16. Chamillionaire

Watching Lin is very frustrating at times. He turns the rock over way too much. Those jump passes with no one to pass it to, getting stripped, bricking open jumpers, etc...

BUT I, WE still love him because he's a Rocket.

Just very frustrating to watch such an inconsistent PG. We lead the league in TOs. It would be nice to have a PG who can knock down shots and not turn the ball over so much.

17. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

were you frustrated with Harden and Howard's turnovers at times?

18. Chamillionaire

Of course!

I get pissed when there are ANY turnovers by ANY Rocket! Doesn't make me like or hate them more. But Jeremy is has been up and down ever since he's gotten here. Glad to see him playing better recently, especially now with CP25's slump.

19. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Lin's still a young player learning the game and trying to improve on his strengths. The Rockets brought him in initially because they didn't complete the Harden trade first. I'm almost positive if Harden was on this team already we would have resigned Dragic over Lin in a heart beat.

Lin is a good player in his own right, unfortunately he doesn't play in a system that plays to his strengths. He's shown multiple times this season that if he has the ball more often in his hands he's able to produce good numbers. He was never a great standing jump shooter but he may have the potential to develop into one (see Chandler Parsons' development for example). Lin has shown he's capable of putting up numbers when he has the ball more often then when he's playing off the ball and guess what he plays next to a ball dominating SG in James Harden.

By next season, unless we make it to the WCF I don't see Lin being a big part of the Rocket's future. Unfortunately for him, he's not in a situation where he'll be able to thrive the most. I look to Morey to play different scenarios in the off season and perhaps (by something short of a miracle) maybe a star SF/PF will want to specifically sign with the Rockets.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I thought Lin has continually improved since he got here until he got injured in the playoffs. Then he again show significant improvement to begin the season until his back started bothering him Since then he has been inconsistent at best and played poorly at times. As you said he is playing better again after he proclaimed his back better. But not much better than he started the season.

His back is most definitely a concern and seems to control his play. It's easy to see when he has more hop in his step and more lift on his shots. A healthy untired LIN plays much better. You can tire of an injured Lin but it doesn't seem fair to bash him when he is injured. At least once you know.