1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 World Cup - Brazil

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ivenovember, Dec 3, 2013.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

2. Indaface

Indaface Member

So now we have an 18 year old kid who has a professional contract with Bayern Munich (many kids in the reserve team don't get those) and got spot minutes in a champions league match and people are arguing about it?

Not saying he's going to be a guaranteed stud or anything but any time you get young talent to play for you it's always a good thing. Especially when the young talent is one of the highest rated younger players on the best team in the world.

Hopefully his switch is filed in time for the Mexico match so all of us can finally see what he's all about.

3. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Dude, get off your high horse. I know this may not seem like a big deal to you since, you know, you follow one of the world's powerhouses when it comes to football but it's kind of a big deal. No one is saying this guy is going to be the next big thing but after losing out on guys like Giuseppe Rossi and Neven Subotić, landing a prospect (and yes, that's all he is despite what the media says) is good news for the future of USMNT.

In other news, very sad to hear about Dolo. When the knees go, they go. Hopefully he comes back as a coach or something. God knows he has a lot of experience and knowledge to offer.

1 person likes this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Gotta agree w/everything in your post. Well stated.

And Stevie C. is possibly the most underrated great US outfield player in recent memory. Just class.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

How about you read all my posts regarding this and the post it was a reply to before saying stupid stuff like "get off your high horse" and offending me.
    I saw some people&media acting like he's a star and showing a huge lack of knowledge about the division Bayern II is playing in. All I did was correct him and state that the 4th German division is way below MLS and that you guys overrate the competition Green has played against.

My whole intention was to tell people that he's being overhyped by the US media and that you guys shouldn't fall for it, otherwise you may be in for a serious disappointment and too high hopes. And I did that in a neutral and non-offending way.

7. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

You seriously got offended by someone on the internet telling you to "get off your high horse"? OK, I'm sorry my "stupid" statement has offended you.

And if your intention was just to inform us that we shouldn't get too excited because he's played against inferior competition, then you should revisit how you stated it because it came off very "European Football Fan". You know, the type of fan that questions our knowledge of the game just because we're American.

Any true US fan knows how to tread lightly. Trust me, we've learned the hard way not to get overly excited. We've experienced the second coming of Pele only to be terribly disappointed (where art thou, Freddy Adu?)

I don't follow the mainstream media much but you should know that they tend to overreact. Tend to be a bit... hyperbolic even. Take it with a grain of salt because we're all not silly enough to think this one player is going to change the course of the program.

He's a prospect. Just like Gedion Zelalem or John Brooks. The US can't churn out top talent every generation like Germany does. Let us enjoy this one. Even if it does turn out to be much Adu about nothing. Ha!

1 person likes this.
  8. leroy

You see, people like Yung-T can't just "let us enjoy this one" because they are the "European and/or mexican Football fan" and we're just stupid Americans. Doesn't matter what successes we have. They will always find some way to put us in our place.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just sayin you shouldn't overhype him and stated the truth, Green has no real experience and is a prospect, not a guy that would currently help the US team. Even said I 'd like him for Germany a while back. Now that I'm educating a guy that wrongfully acted like Bayern II is better than any MLS team I'm a hater and on a high horse? Awesome logic...

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Leave Jontro alone!

[​IMG]

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Stop implying I'm Jontro or I'll ask Clutch to ban you.

DD

1 person likes this.
  12. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

iaintevenmad.gif

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL! Nice. :) Well done, man.

All these people think that just because he's young and has talent, he's their "savior"... when he hasn't even been proven in a professional field... I, for one, have never seen him play... so I won't say iSht or bash him.

Don't be SAD, y'all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

^^

pipe down, 4th place in Concacaf must have you all upset

;););):grin::grin::grin:

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Why would I be upset that now it's an entire new game? All teams from CONCACAF going into the World Cup get drawn from the same pot, mister TOP SEED! :p Doesn't matter!

Where's Freddy Adu now, by the way? Just asking. No need to get pissed... isn't he in his 8th team or something?

[​IMG]

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Adu is not playing for any team currently.
    Btw I checked his career stats and his best season was something like 4 goals? Why were there high hopes for him?

17. leroy

Kindly show us the posts where anyone here proclaimed him to be a savior or anything other than a great prospect. I searched...couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

18. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

He was a wonderkid in Football Manager 2005. :cool:

19. leroy

The talent was there. I want to say that Inter offered him when he was 10. His family turned it down and they decided to go the MLS route when he was 14. He was the first pick and had a disastrous first few years. Had he gone to Europe and had a chance to grow up in a system that could've taught him how to be a pro, I believe we'd be talking about the best US player ever. Instead, he can't even find a team at age 24.

20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Nowadays everytime a youngster pops right away people label him the next Messi.. For every Messi there are 1000s Adu.