1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYPost] Rockets could make push for Carmelo (UPDATE: Blog post)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 13, 2014.

1. try

try Member

Sorry, my bad. I thought Beverley was a Rockets player. I even thought he started.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Old Timer the Rockets are playing team ball while the Knicks are playing 1 on 5 offensively. That is why Melo TS% is down. If he come to the Rockets where he doesn't have to shoulder the entire load on offense. His TS% will go up.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Should we look at last year when the Knicks were second in the Leastern conference?

[​IMG]

EFG, TS whatever metric you want to apply, Melo is an inefficient volume shooter.

4. Orange

Orange Member

Ok u made ur point. Can u shut up now so I can enjoy reading everyone else's comments.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yeah I can. Goodnight.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am scared to death that Melo might become Pippen v2.0.

7. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Melo has played with both Howard and Harden on the Olympic team, if he feels he can win a championship with those 2 guys.. who am I to say he can't..

8. bmd

bmd Member

Hey jtr... Kobe is a volume shooter who doesn't have an impressive TS%... and he is a 5-time NBA champ.

In 2008-2009, his team won 65 games and the NBA Finals with a line-up of Bynum, Gasol, Ariza, Bryant, Fisher. Bench: Odom, Walton, Vujacic, Farmar.

How did that statistical chucker manage such a feat?

9. afk

afk Member

If Melo wants to come to Houston, Morey will make it happen. Chances are, if this happen, Knicks will definitely do a sign-and-trade. I highly doubt they will let Melo (which costed them the First Round Pick of 2014 to Denver) for nothing. And since Houston has to do a sign-and-trade get the deal done, it will happen IF Melo wants to leave NY for Houston. Because the alternative for the Knicks is that Melo goes to the Bulls... an Eastern conference rival (unless this was Phil Jackson's intent to help the Bulls ala McHale with Garnett to Boston style).

Honestly, I think Melo (shouldering the burder in NY) is thinking in Lebron's shoes when he was in Cleveland. If he wants the ring, he can't do it alone. Big Triple H, here we come!

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Beverley
    Harden
    Parsons
    Anthony
    Howard

Lol, plz gooby stahp.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Parsons will be gone.

Lineup will look like this:

Beverely
    Harden
    Melo
    Jones
    Howard

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Git'r done! :grin:

[​IMG]

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Wasn't that jersey retired for KL7?

14. calcium

calcium Member

I have my doubts as to how Melo would fit with JHarden cos I am of
    the opinion they both need to ball to be effective.

I think the team would be stronger but 1 + 1 does not equals 2
    in this case, cos of the ball-in-hands theory.

1 + 1 is more like 1.5.

I think if we want a 1 (Harden) + 1 = 2 (or close to 2) scenario, we'd need
    someone who doesnt need the ball, like a BGriffin type of player,
    love or hate him.

Who? I dont know this part.

15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Why would Parsons be gone?

16. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Adding Melo would mean this team would not win a title despite having three players that literally can't be contained 1 on 1

17. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Me too. I don't have a lot to add to that opinion, but, as talented as Melo is, I think him coming to Houston would be a mistake. It is simply a hunch, and if he ends up in Rockets red I will be rooting for him -- but that is how I feel.

I would rather see the Rockets keep the current nucleus together and add solid supporting cast members to a team that already has the talent to compete for a championship.

I know people will disagree with me, but this team, as constituted, is the 4th most likely team to win the title behind the Clippers, Heat and Thunder. Transferring too many eggs in the Melo basket just seems like a mistake to me.

It would be interesting to see if Morey would abandon the Melo endeavor if the Rockets win the title.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Personally would rather have a Battier-type of player instead of another max contract. But we already have Parsons. My solution is that we get LerBon instead.

19. Ben.hardy25

Ben.hardy25 Member

that was my main question when i first heard about these talks. it means one of two things, either we run melo at the 4, or completely give up on parsons. i dont know if im ready to do that since i think he is the perfect player to put next to two superstars. there is no demanding the ball, or taking too many shots. he just plays off of them in every aspect of that term. melo is clearly a better player, but im not sold he is a better fit. but if we could get away defensively and rebounding wise with melo at the 4, then that would be a ridiculous offensive team with bev just being there for defense and three point shooting, parsons would relegate to a spot up shooter that can attack if you close out on him, harden would still handle the transition and pick and roll, melo would handle the iso, and dwight would still handle the post. as much as it seems like they couldnt fit, they all excel in different aspects of the game. harden would essentially be our point guard, almost like he does now, but with less dribbling and standing still with the ball. those plays would be left upto melo for the majority of the time. harden and melos scoring numbers would go down, but i think their efficiency would go up, and the win totals would go up. but that is if, and only if, harden and melo can properly play together. my main hope for why they could, is based off how well of a passer harden is, and how well melo plays in all star games and in the olympics when he is surrounded by other talent and is not the ball dominator for the whole game. he does seem to play extremely well in the olympics, and i think he could do that same role for the rockets with harden and dwight.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Because his stock is high gmoney. The Knicks are dumb but they will want more than Lin and Asik. Why not see if Parsons can be the man and build around him.