1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 3/13/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Mangina

Mangina Member

McHale only Riding the Hot Hand if the Hot Hand is a Starter.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The last two games, Beverley was too emotionally invested perhaps.

Harden ran into a gauntlet of CHI's defense gameplanned for him.

Chandler is too tired and perhaps a little injured.

Tjones is being Tjones.

What's Dwight Howard's excuse? Forcing the post game too much?

The coaches, man!!! Deadpan looks all around. They're as dead as the players. No change of tactics at all, except for that lame zone defense wtf

Man, I would prefer to play our DLeaguers. That would be more interesting than what we saw tonight. No pride at all.

3. torocan

torocan Member

That makes ZERO sense. Both Miami AND Chicago are in the East. BOTH wins count equally, and we had a MUCH better chance of beating the Bulls than the Heat.

When your play off seeding and HCA are in jeopardy, you put out the line up that is the most likely to WIN the game. And that's NOT what happened tonight.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It will be a closer game obviously but don't think for one second that Lebron and company are not waiting for some payback after their loss in Houston. A win would be huge.

5. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Look, I agree Mchale doesn't much faith in Jeremy. Jeremy himself said so last year in a conference. But tonight Mchale gave up at 8 mins mark and it is better not to get injured especially getting close to the POs

6. rajon

rajon Member

If I remember correctly, I think Houston is the last team to not lose 3 in a row, so it's not a big deal if it happens now. The games just have to be way more competitive than it was today. Clippers are third now and i kinda want the standings to stay like this.

7. N/A

N/A Member

can mchale ever grow some cajones and bench the starters when they suck? getting sick and tired of his incompetence.

8. torocan

torocan Member

That doesn't explain why you don't bring him out to start the 3rd, or sub him in earlier when the lead isn't 20+ points.

Harden, Parsons and Dwight couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and Bev wasn't doing crap offensively either. TJones was mostly ineffective.

When your OFFENSE can't get going, you put in ANYONE that can hit a bucket.

9. TTNN

TTNN Member

and that hot hand does not named Jeremy Lin, regardless he is starter or not

10. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

lol ok fine, Mchale just doen't have faith in Jeremy

11. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

right, a team under Lin ...lol

12. Play07

Play07 Member

Howard is our 2nd star best center in the league

13. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Another 20+ points 0 TO game from Lin. Hope he can keep it up.

15 TOs between Harden, Howard and Parsons...entire starting lineup was straight doo doo.

Is Harden really a superstar when he gets outplayed by JIMMY BUTLER?
    Noah also took Dwight's lunch money.
    Even on an off game a true superstar will contribute somehow.

14. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

You cant put lin to start the 3rd. That's way too much of a panic move. But I do agree that when the 3rd started the way it did, you had to get him in before it went 20. But Mchale is who he is.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

It starts with Dwight Howard.

Nothing as demoralizing to see him so worthless against the OKC and now CHI defense. Add to that Harden's woes tonight. Teams can zero in on Harden if Howard and co. are not making them pay.

After a while, the starters just stopped trying on defense and on offense.

I just wished we could have tried Asik and Lin in meaningful minutes in the 3rd to put some fight back to the team.

16. Throttle

Throttle Member

coz the recent loss to OKC sealed their fate for this season... 4/5 playoffs against whoever... unlikely to go beyond 2nd rd... next season guys... means more trades gona happen n hopefully championship

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale on Bulls 111, Rockets 87: &quot;They kicked our ass. In every aspect of the game they kicked our ass up one side and down the other.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/444298112547704832">March 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

-I agree. The start of the third quarter was just horrible and the starting group, normally solid, wasn't doing a whole lot positive in the first half, either. The lineups should have been shifted way before the Bulls' lead got into the 20+ pt range.

Has the starting unit actually been that good even in the 2 games before this one? The Rockets fell behind to both Portland and OKC with their normal units before closing the gap by going small ball.

I think the next game the coaches are going to react much more quickly if the starting unit struggles again.

- Lin was really the only offensively effective player tonight. I also liked his demeanor. Even when the team was down by 20+ points, he was still encouraging teammates.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Lesson to the team: "Don't crown yourself contenders when it's still March."

20. verysimplejason

Let it be... Nobody would notice it. These 3-quarter lackadaisical plays by Rockets is driving me nuts. Rockets won't be a championship team if it can only play 1 quarter of the game.