1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[breaking] Malaysian Airlines loses contact with Beijing-bound flight, 239 on board

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Malaysian officials deny the report that engines sent data. If those engines were leased I am sure rolls Royce or GE would want to know how much those engines were being used.

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What the hell do these morons even know about something like this? How would they know whether they sent data or not...

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I bet the NSA knows something...

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Where does the transmitted engine data go? Boeing? The company that created the engine? The data is either there or it is not, if it turns out the data does exist, the Malaysian government would look like even bigger fools.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

theme park?
    frat party prop?

So, you want to steal a plane... and you choose to do so with the inconvenience of 239 passengers who you either have to feed, or kill. Makes a lot of sense.

I would think there are easier ways to steal a flipping plane but maybe not. Happy to say I have never spent time scheming such a thing.

If a plane was stolen out of the sky like that, in real life, it's just too James Bond-ish, and it makes Bane's whole plane invasion seem even more crazy and inefficient.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I seriously feel that the other major countries with decent technology/intellegence (China, Japan, US) all know a lot more than is being reported (even if its simple clear satellite imagery), but nobody wants to let the others know what type of "toys" each of them has.

Meanwhile, Malaysia is bringing in Shamans and denying everything...

2 people like this.
  8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Aliens.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Lol at China's faulty intelligence

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This is ridiculous. We're at the point where every single report or rumor is immediately contradicted somehow.

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I laughed.

12. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I believe it goes directly to Rolls Royce, who manufactured/designed the engines. I heard that Malaysian Airlines was sharing data with Rolls Royce, but not with Boeing. I assume they meant they weren't giving Boeing the data from the Rolls Royce engines, but that both Boeing and Rolls Royce were sending data to them.

13. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

For those who suspect terrorism, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-flight-MH370-jet-brought-shoe-bomber.html

Apparently the convicted Shoe Bomber plotter in the UK said he gave a Malaysian terror cells explosives/instructions, also said the cell involved a pilot. Probably talking out his ass, but nonetheless that's his story.

If those large pieces were the plane, it pretty much eliminates the possibility of catastrophic damage at high altitude, or the plane would have been in much smaller pieces.

China is now saying they did not mean to release those sat images? Wtf is going on?!

14. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

I would have brought in the pally......

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I was thinking
    [​IMG]

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That isn't really true because there are bigger problems than money. Who is responsible for the data, where is it being sent, chain of custody, usefulness of data transmitted when the plane is working well enough to transmit.

Planes already communicate with ground crews regarding future maintenance issues.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

1) It's incredibly expensive to add these systems.
    2) They aren't necessary considering the amount of flights each year and the amount of crafts lost. The fact that there has been 2 in the last year is an anomaly.
    3) It records megabytes of information each SECOND. Sure, some parameters could be sent automatically, but certainly not most of it.
    4) The engines, possibly other equipment, already sends real time info to the maintenance crews. Apparently, in this case they stopped receiving feedback shortly before ATC lost contact.

This was an incredibly rare event, despite the media hype.