1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Asik has accepted his role, no trades needed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Nov 24, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Doesn't love it, but plays hard. MT <a href="https://twitter.com/OnlycAnbEmE_QV">@OnlycAnbEmE_QV</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> Asik has been comin up big lately. Do you think accepted his role?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/442783481328713728">March 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This same crap will repeat next year, if he is not traded in the summer.

DD

3. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Well he does Not have much of a Choice does he?
    I am sure his Agent told him he has to suck it up if he wants to be traded again

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Only because he didn't want to stay. If Asik had said he wanted to say, Rockets fans would be more than content having a top 10 center as a backup as opposed to whatever "starter" we try to bring in, barring a star. In the case of a star, that's a no brainer. Only idiots don't give up role players for stars, like all those dumbasses going "Oh I don't want Howard! Asik is almost just as good and much cheaper!" Any time you can improve the team and push it into a contender, you do it. That said, if Asik stays on point and Lin keeps up his resurgence, it is entirely possible to win it all with the team as is.

5. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Member
    Supporting Member

He is playing for a contract plain and simple. Act like a d!ck, lose money and a team wanting to trade for you. Be a factor in the playoffs and showcase yourself, he'll be highly sought after. Morey will have his pick on a trade he wants to make.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

A long playoff run might change his happiness quotient.

7. Deniz

Deniz Member

8. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

I disagree,just because Morey Said 15 Minutes of Asik would make us a contender does Not make it true
    Would you rather want 35 -38 of Millsap or Omer as a Backup?
    I would go with Millsap,one because our PF Position is the weakest link and two Millsap can shoot,defend and would make our offense Elite,Jones and DMo just eat space and while you can use Parsons as a stretch 4 he would get abused in the playoffs on defense

By the Way just used Millsap as an example because Morey Said 15 of Asik is better than a above average starting PF

9. conquistador#11

lol jones' facial expressions have never changed throughout the course of history.:p

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

While he is not in the photo, we know what Cisco's expression is as well ;)

11. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Rockets are 16-4 in the games that Asik has come off the bench

12. saleem

saleem Member

Temporarily, at best. DD is right, a trade is needed in the offseason.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

I'm thinking it'll more likely come at the trade deadline where he'll potentially be a big expiring contract for someone looking to clear cap space.

14. count_dough-ku

You think so? Omer and his agent have to know that his big 2015 salary and smaller cap hit have to make his contract pretty tough to move. He's probably gonna be here til his deal expires(barring the T'Wolves taking him as part of a Kevin Love trade).

15. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Agree. Unless he is part of a deal bringing a star to Houston, I think he is here through 2015. Same with Lin.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Asik isn't going to change anytime soon. Even if he wins a ring. He left a championship contender to come here to be a starter. He'd rather start on a crappy team then play a role on a champion.

That is his prerogative. His dream and desire is to be a starter, more than it is anything else.

His time in H-town will be be over by the end of the 2015 season at the latest. We probably won't get anything in return for him since we'll need him for the next two playoff runs.

17. saleem

saleem Member

Yes, you are right. I hope he won't create another big hissy fit before that.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I disagree.

Next year, more than this one, will have a bearing on his next contract. Secondly, he already has experienced how far pouting got him in accomplishing his aims, nowhere. Whether reality came over him or his agent gave him unforgettable words, he got back with the program.

In any case, backtracking to "Poor Me 2.0" doesn't seem likely to me. I am not saying he will be overjoyed to spend all or most of next season with the Rockets. Nor am I saying that he wont welcome a trade should it occur. But all signs point to him having taken control of his emotions and behaving in his best interests.