1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it me, or has the Toyota Center been ROCKIN lately

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoRox2013, Mar 10, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I know we've had some really huge opponents lately, but it seems like Houstonians are FINALLY coming out too see the Rockets play. The atmosphere in the Toyota Center has been CRAZY! I haven't seen the energy this high since the championship years. At one point, I even saw DREAM sitting there courtside in disbelief like "WOW!!" lol.

The first momment was Harden's outburst against Indiana where he went bezerk in the 2nd half, the crowd went crazy. The second momment was the 4th quarter & OT against Portland. Again, the whole place was jumpin up & down high fiving, it reminded me of the championship years and also when Eddie Johnson hit that game winner against Utah. Why exactly aren't the Rockets Houston's #1 sports team again?:confused:

2. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I agree, but come talk to us after the Utah and Minny games. The crowd usually shows up for a prime opponent.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No other sports going on.

4. s3ts

s3ts Member

still pissed at the empty seats in the lower-bowl though.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Portland isn't a prime opponent either. At least not by Houston bandwagon fan status. This surge started when they beat Miami and the Pacer game put it in overdrive.

6. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Yep. But why is this? I get beyond pissed thinking how we support the sorry azz Texans before the Rockets.

Hmm, let me think, the Rockets or Matt Schaub's Texans:

ROCKETS EVERYDAY ALL DAY!!!!!

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But it was arguably the biggest game of the year in terms of playoff positioning. A lot of the fans must've known this.

8. bmd

bmd Member

Well, the Texans only play 8 games here all year.

Shouldn't be too difficult to sell out 8 games.

9. Illegal Machine

I think everyone that goes to games regularly noticed that something was different about that crowd last night.

I was thinking "LOUD defense chants with 6:00 left in the game? Down double digits??? Where am I!?".

Even the players were commenting after the game (Parsons specifically).

Great stuff.

As for only showing up for "big opponents" lately, we sold out the Detroit game last Saturday, too.

10. Classic

Classic Member

I was at the Wiz game right before the AS break that Harden won (weeknight/EC opponent) and the crowd was great that night too.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The atmosphere has been brilliant for all three games this week - Miami, Pacers and Blazers.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Rockin fo sho

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It has been amazing. I didn't even mind the stranger who kept high-fiving me with super sweaty hands last night.

1 person likes this.
  14. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I'm in San Antonio and looking at it on TV, I notice a HUGE difference.

15. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Houstonians have been coming out all season

16. downbytheriver

H_TOWN loves our frontrunners, no secret about it.. but when times get tough WE'/RE GONE

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Detroit sellout can be explained by the fact that it was their first home game in 2 1/2 weeks(after the All-Star Break and 5-game road trip). Fans would've shown up to see the Sixers.

As for the loud chants, I think people are sensing something special is happening with this team and want to keep it going. Hence the defense chants earlier in the 4th quarter as opposed to just in the last few possessions.

18. AXG

AXG Member

The crowd was great yesterday, especially the refs suck chant lol

19. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I was there Friday night for the Pacers game and it was insane.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The players are more hype lately too, which helps. Harden getting emotional on Friday really spilled over into the crowd. And not sure if it gets caught on the broadcast, but Bev is good for skipping around the court and doing the "come on, get hype" motion to the crowd when ish gets real -- the crowd feeds off that too. I got frustrated a lot earlier this season b/c I felt like I was more hype than they were lol... but they seem other-level lately with the intensity, which is contagious.