1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Most media members don't like Dwight Howard!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BamBam, Mar 8, 2014.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:10572214&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

Watching ESPN, and they were very blunt about the media not liking him. (comment about Howard at 40-45 sec mark)... I guess if you spurn the mighty Lakers you spurn most of the media as well. I wish JVG was in charge of the media, he's the only one it seems that actually adores DHoward and the Rockets.

(P.S) THE yeee-haww was kind of lame...:eek:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10572214

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Meh, water is wet.

3. Progs

Progs Member

Yeah, Robert Flores is a UH alum and always steps up for Houston on Twitter.

4. pippsux

pippsux Member

Howard has shown me a lot. Media can cry themselves a river, he ain't going back to la and the fact they keep fishing for issues with these rockets and howard, the dumber they look.

Two words for the la loving media.....
    Suck it!

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

yep. if anybody is in tune with houston sports in the national media it would be robert flores. for him to say that most media doesnt like dwight is probably first hand experience from his conversations with them.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Van Gundy's still living in Houston probably helps in his views toward Dwight and the Rockets. He made comment about "our beloved Texans" as well when talking about the draft.

The media hate towards Dwight is unwarranted. Hopefully we rise up and shut them all up.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

RoFlo was just editorializing there as a Houston fan.

8. BamBam

Well said, I want to see them eat crow, A LIVE CROW...;)

9. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Yea, I was a little taken aback by that comment. I think he actually said FANS and media? (Can't see the video)

10. BamBam

He did say fans and media, I'm just not that bothered by the casual fans, most are bandwagon anyhow...

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

RoFlo and Hannah Storm the only advocates for Houston sports at ESPN. they routinely go off prompter when discussing rox/texans/stros.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

fans as in Laker fans?

but they don't exist anymore after Kobe is semi retired

13. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Meh. Jeff Van Gundy likes him. His opinion is one of the only in basketball I can take and trust. Houston loves him. And he loves Houston. That's what I care about.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He said the same thing on twitter a few days back

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>He'll never get recognition for it, bc most fans/media members don't like him, but D Howard's post game has improved greatly. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rockets&amp;src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Robert Flores (@RoFloESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RoFloESPN/statuses/441054777137717248">March 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

This might give Noah the edge for 1st team All NBA over Dwight, unfortunately.

16. BamBam

Thanks for posting the tweet. He needs to back off a little bit, or he might be an ex-ESPN employee. We need him there to make watching ESPN bearable!

17. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

A lot of "fans" were opposed to him signing with the rockets fearing he had a bad attitude and was a quitter etc.. So what's the difference? Eat crow! Bandwagoners

18. cebunit

cebunit Member

The best thing you can do is not watch ESPN. Not only Rocket fans, but all teams/fans not named Lakers, Knicks or Miami Lebrons should avoid ESPN. It might not make a blimp of a difference for their ratings though. So sad that other teams have great games and their highlights are short because they want to cover what kobe/lebron think about some bs.

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Flores spitting truth bombs

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The CM Punk of ESPN. RF Punk?