1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arrow: television series discussion thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulftsk, Feb 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I wish more people watched this show. It's fantastic. I keep waiting for the writing to drop off in quality but it just keeps getting better. Plus, finally getting to see an adaptation of Deathstroke is the stuff fanboy dreams are made of.

2. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The sound track is very good. Loving the first season so far.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think enough people watch the show. the great thing about The CW is that if a show is marginally successful they will just let it run in the background for at least 5 seasons. the terrible reboot of 90210 and One Tree Hill just got canceled just a couple years ago after a 5 and 9 year run respectively. I'm pretty sure no one watched those shows and forgot they were on. Supernatural is a cult hit not a huge hit but just got renewed for it's 10th season.

4. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

don't worry. we're going to get 9 seasons of arrow. The handwriting is on the wall. It's gonna happen.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hope they have a plan then, because they have thrown a lot out there in just 1.5 seasons. I mean A LOT.

Supernatural had a 6 year plan and it was amazing then it took them a couple seasons to get going again now its back to amazing. Heroes blew its wad after 1 season.

6. SexyButIgnorant

Yeah, a lot has been thrown out in not even two seasons. But i'm not really worried, because it's clear they're using all of the DC universe in their mythology. If it was just Green Arrow stories, the season would probably last only like 2 or 3 seasons. But we've gotten so many things, that you can definitely see this show tackling issues like Batman, League of Shadows, the Justice League, or any other DC property.

But I'd only like it to go 5 seasons. That would give it all the way upto his escape from the Island, and then be over with. Perhaps give fan service with a movie afterwards?

Idc, as long as Amell gets into the planned Justice League movie, I'd be okay.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This show still has so many characters and angles active they can cruise through 5 seasons easy. Really one hell of a show, and as was mentioned, shows on the CW rarely get cancelled once they've had success, very low ratings standards, which is good for us.

They have the pilot for the Flash coming up, not sure if it will get picked up, but given Arrows success it seems likely. Not sure how the Flash can work given Arrow's largely grounded approach.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

great episode!!!

9. SexyButIgnorant

anyone catch the episode tonight? The Harley Quinn cameo was awesome! And I never really enjoyed Deadshot's character that much until this episode. He really grew on me.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yep, another good episode, the Huntress is back next week.

This show does about as good a job as I've ever seen of making every episode feel significant while trying to fill out a 22 episode season.

11. mikus

mikus Member

I hope we see more of the Suicide Squad. That was pretty awesome.

12. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

What happened to Laurel from season 1 to season 2? She looks skinnier and not as attractive. Bummer.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Supposedly she lost the weight to sell Laurel's substance problems this season. We'll see if she's back to normal next season, because she's certainly not looking good right now.

14. nguyen3706

nguyen3706 Member

last night's episode was pretty mediocre, but even then it's miles ahead better than agents of shields best eps.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Have you been watching AOS lately? They're really expanding the Marvel 'verse, introducing new characters and the freakin' Kree.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

For those that missed it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Q0TlFWngRe8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

This was true a while ago, but Agents of SHIELD has stepped its game up finally. Arrow is still the better show though.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

A little disappointed in last night's episode, not necessarily because it was bad, but because of what I expected/hoped to get, but even this show's bad episodes are good.

It was titled Birds of Prey, so I assumed there would be some kind of situation that forced Canary, Huntress and Felicity to work together. But Felicity was largely absent and Canary and the Huntress were at each others throats the whole episode.

And it also kind of got on my nerves that they kept telling a girl that was in the League of Assassins that she wasn't a killer.

19. SexyButIgnorant

Yeah, episode was pretty good, not as good as other episodes this season. Also, they're really relying on a huge suspension of disbelief with Laurel not immediately recognizing Canary, or for that matter, Det. Lance with Oliver.

That's the thing with DC though, they really strive to set their movies and TV grounded and gritty (which I actually prefer), but that only exposes situations that make you think "that would never happen in real life" even more. Rather than Marvel's version of "this is a superhero movie, this is already crazy, just run with us".

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

episode was mediocre as people have pointed out. They need to have Oliver flashbacks, thats the most interesting part.