1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Well yes. He's sustaining injuries due to not being well prepared. I have feeling this guy does is read the bible and chugs down really bad food as he has admitted to in the past. He was injured at the beginning of the season as well as every single Play off in his NBA career. There's a toughness issue indeed.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

ok, you're entitled to your opinion, i just think you're making a ridiculous leap if your evidence is him being a christian and perhaps an IG pic of a burger.

A torn meniscus, back spasms, it happens to everyone. That's the nature of this game and unless I had special access to how he trains/eats I wouldn't be making such assumptions.

3. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

he was terrible once again, idk why he's been playing like this since what ... a month now ? but at this point i think he should just be excused from the team to rest and heal if some injury is bothering him, and why not go to vipers for a few games to get his groove and confidence back, we will need him in april, he's been good for us for stretches, i hope / think he can / will overcome this funk

4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Lin missing 3's just kill me. If he have a sore back, then sit out!

5. Doktor Mndbndr

The line between being in the NBA and out is sooo slim... especially for a guard. You see these 30 y.o. guards who lose half a step and their whole offensive game collapses. Along with their defensive. Suddenly they can't blow by their man, get defended tighter so can't spot up either. And on defensive half, they now get beat regularly by their man. It falls apart very fast.

At this point, I do not see Lin's game aging well.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I've seen enough of Lin.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

We do, his training regiment is plastered all over the internet, especially youtube. I've seen dozens of his Spartan training vids etc... Im thinking he slacks off and doesn't do what his advisors (trainers) tell him to do especially the nutritional part.

8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

What is a Honeybager? Do you bag honey for a living? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  9. TheJet

TheJet Member

I browsed over this thread after the game last night but refrained from posting. I was happy with the win and didn't want to focus on the negatives. However a few things occurred to me this morning:

1) Injury. If Lin's performance is due to an injury he needs to sit until healthy. He's not helping the bench brigade much and he's probably hurting his confidence. This seems obvious, but it hasn't happened.

2) Chances. McHale actually left Lin in longer than I thought he would after he turned it over twice in a short span, including that one dribble off his leg. And I actually heard "Booo" on the TV broadcast from the crowd. Did that actually happen? Regardless, leaving Lin in showed that coach at least was going to let him try and work through it. Or maybe Pat was really gassed.

3) The Slump. This is getting alarming. Again, if he's truly hurt he should be sitting. But before this week I hadn't even heard a sniff about an injury. And it's not just his shooting (although he was way, WAY off last night again). He doesn't even look like the same player that we saw at the beginning of the season, or even last year. Although clearly he's still giving effort. He had a nice backside block and hit a big three for us. But the rest of the game he was very bad.

4) Trends. Will the real Lin please stand up? I posted about this a while ago but I've seen the great, good, average and bad Lin and I can't decide who he's going to be in the long run. Linsanity lasted about as long as this slump. Ultra highs and lows, right? Is he somewhere in the middle? Is he the guy that started the season? Hell if I know. But right now he's a total wild card and it's hard to count on that type of player in a key role.

5) Treatment. Some posters will argue that Lin's inconsistent roles and treatment are the reason he's struggled. I tend to think that our coaching staff has been trying to find a role he'll excel in, hence the change in usage. And frankly his minutes are just a direct correlation to his performance. When he plays well he gets more usage.

Enough random ramblings. It was great win in a playoff type atmosphere. Even though I was biting my nails at the end.

2 people like this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's playing hurt. It's obvious to me now. He'll be alright. But we need to go ahead and give Canaan some run. If we had Derek Fisher instead of Lin who is 95% washed up and I realize we don't like, we would have won by 10 points last night. Not saying I like Fisher. Saying someone who can simply protect the ball would have helped us more these past few games.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but you have to think that eventually his fans are going to run out of other people to blame.

12. Apache

Apache Member

hopefully lin get traded this off season away from these clowns haha

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

We know he can play better than this. I'm rooting for him. McHale needs to sit him for the next three weeks at least, and try to get him healthy for the stretch.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

So you are calling the Rockets clowns? Here you are on a Rockets fan site being a complete dumbass. Why don't you go to jlins fanboi site and talk over there. K thx

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

By now, the "clowns" would not miss him much.

Linsanity in New York.

Linconsistence in Houston.

IT'S ALL McHALE'S FAULT!

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The way Lin is playing he should not see more than 10 minutes a game

Send him back to the D League to refine his game and improve his handles. That turnover dribbling over his own foot was just an embarrassment to the Rockets fans and coaches

#6556 FTW Rockets FTW, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If this doesn't deserve a ban, I don't know what does.

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Go post on your Lin fansite with the rest of the window lickers

19. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

20. Clarinetmonster

Is that even possible anymore?