1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not at all, mediocrity encompasses anything from poor, inferior to above-average. That is Lin in a nutshell.

2. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Interesting, I now have rep both accusing me of being a LoF and LoH. I guess that makes me a ROCKET fan. LOL

3. real_egal

real_egal Member

Geez, you are making Clutch sound like Kim Jong-il. Why can't you disagree with Clutch or even challenge him on some views? Yes, you could still be wrong, and he's right. But does that warrant a flagrant 2?

You can disagree or unhappy or even angry with Obama-care, nobody will ask you to live in Canada. You can complain about the stupid snow and weather, nobody will ask you to disappear from the Earth.

Last I checked, it's still a message forum. I know, Lin just changed everything around here, right?:)

4. real_egal

real_egal Member

More like an Asian Rockets fan, if I am not mistaken.

5. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Umm I have been level headed about it? In fact, I posted a few pages back that we should all be rooting for Lin to do better in his role so the ROCKETS can do better. As long as it is for the team, I want Lin to do better. What I don't want and what a lot of his fans want, is for the Rockets to shape themselves or the offense around Lin when he is on the floor. That is not how the NBA works for role players. You only change things up for stars. Role players, you try to find the best fit, plug them in, and hope for the best.

6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I couldn't give a crap about ethnicity. Ethnicity does not affect how well one balls.

7. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I'm not aware of any definition of mediocrity that encompasses above average.

8. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Since we're getting into semantics now, the word you are mistaking mediocrity for is inconsistency to describe Lin which he is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A. Lin is mediocre because he can have a stretch of good games followed by a stretch of terrible games.

OR

B. Lin is inconsistent because he can have a stretch of good games followed by a stretch of terrible games.

9. Clarinetmonster

I think most of us who are reasonable wish the same and get just as frustrated as you do when he performs poorly. Unfortunately, a number of others here either seem to revel in his bad games (even to the detriment of our team) or would like to see him at the end of the bench.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Lin is both actually. He is MEDIOCRE in the fact that he is not a good PG. He really isn't. He ranges from crap to above-average and every now and then flashes good. That is MEDIOCRITY. Within his mediocre performance, he is wildly INCONSISTENT. One game he can be above-average to good and the next garbage. He is still firmly in the "meh" category for PG's. Good is Lowry and Dragic. Great is CP3. Lin is NOT good.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

Just heard on ESPN that Lin will miss the next two weeks with hurt feelings.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lin slashes plenty, he's just been sucking at it lately.

Glad you're so invested in this team.

13. quatin

quatin Member

Because the rest of clutch fans all post "rational, fact filled posts"? You're in the game thread all the time, knee jerking along with the rest of us. Kind of hypocritical to call other people out on it.

I wasn't telling Clutch what to do as much as suggesting. Even then, I'm suggesting Clutch do what he already has done in the past.

14. yummyhawtsauce

Lin is a combo guard. he played SG at Harvard, but handled the ball often. I wouldn't say hes a pure PG

15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

A reasonable argument that his inconsistency makes him mediocre. Still, that doesn't make it the better descriptive term for him. And using mediocre as a description for him is the sort of thing that causes the random flame wars back and forth.

Why? Because it is obvious that on occasion he has amazing games. So accepting a rather unnuanced word like mediocre sticks in the craw.

16. davek

davek Member

Lowry and Dragic are not playing with ball dominant sg.
    CP3 is great but can you imagine him playing with harden? Not so good and thats the problem with Rox unfortunately. :(

This is the main reason why everyone likes to see Lin come off the bench.

17. archinkent

archinkent Member

Not even close. I was called a LOF when I defended that Lin wasn't responsible for Harden's recent injury. I rarely defended Lin before that.

18. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Lin needs to play better ot he'll turn into Tebow .
    whatever is causing his bad play recently needs to be quickly fixed

19. real_egal

real_egal Member

I was pointing out the LOF rep you were getting. NOT suggesting you do anything.

20. Clarinetmonster

This just tweeted yesterday - good to see that even when sucking, yada yada...

Going thru http://NBA.com stats database (it's epic). Rockets team PPG on Harden drives: 8.3. Jeremy Lin drives: 8.2