1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

That's my point. Posters who don't like Lin because of contract, productivity, fit, etc thats PERFECTLY FINE.

When people. let things that are absolutely meaningless to how he performs on the court (fans) motivate your evaluation, well that's just r****ded

2. real_egal

real_egal Member

It's funny how some senior members are so eager to announce there is no LOH, and it was just a made-up term by delusional LOFs.

Meanwhile, the same bunch will tell you how we have tens of thousands members, therefore the extreme high number of "criticism" on one particular player is normal.

The world is large, there are all kinds of people. People push total strangers towards approaching trains in subway stations all the time; people kill strangers for 10 bucks; adults or even kids bully their colleagues or classmates for no particular reasons. Shallow-minded and mean-spirited people find the best "battle field" to show their toughness on Internet. And yet, some are so certain that there are no LOHs, when certain posters jump up and down for only orgasm in life when Lin shot an airball.

Seriously, is there a party line to stay with? I wonder whether some here went to the same school with Iraqi Information Minister. Yeah, i promise you, there is no LOH, but all Asians are default LOFs.

To pin everything on delusional LOFs is just so cowardish, they wouldn't have been replying to themselves for 300 pages how Lin is the second coming MJ (now, that was a delusional party line straw man argument), neither would they have argued with "real Rockets fans" how Lin's interest is above and beyond the team for 2 years.

Speak for yourself is the way to express your own opinion, instead of hijacking the mass to create this separation of "us" vs "you".

1 person likes this.
  3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

No, I would no criticize Beverley, Casspi, Garcia based on something he has no control over.

I'd criticize them over what they can/can't do on the basketball court.

Sorry for being so unreasonable it seems

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

*spelling

5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Yao got criticism for his play so did Tracy, however their fanbases never acted as drastic as the Lin fanbase.

Nobody has said anything bad about lins character , only his basketball performance.

Also. Yao and tmac were significantly more established as nba players. They had a much higher standard.

Lin is being paid and treated like a legit super star , which is also the problem.

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member

How about this:

All Lin fans view Lin haters as some hardcore 50 year old men that is strict on everything.

All Lin haters view Lin fans as some fanatic 16 year old girl that is just crazy for Lin.

:grin::grin::grin:

I know this is wrong on many levels, but try imagining that. Instead some cold icons you see on internet, try imagine who they are in real life. Think from perspective of each side, maybe we will be more understanding to each other. :D

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Well if Jameer Nelson is a legit super star, I'd agree. But don't worry, I'll just continue to judge players but how they perform on the court.

Apparently according to some I should let things that have nothing to do with that affect that judgement. How silly of me.

8. rocketblood713

Do yall ever get tired of talkin about Lin ? (serious question)

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

You trolled Yao fans pretty hard until he retired.

10. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

No one said all Asians are loFs, that's what you think.

To me they are fans who don't give a damn about the rockets.

There are two groups.

Rockets fans and non believers. Non believers were mentioned by Rudy t himself .

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Yao fans could never admit when Yao had a bad game.

Also the Yao fans who thought Yao was better than Hakeem ?

Had to drop Thor's hammer on that

12. naesoon

naesoon Member

We are all wanna-be psychologists here analyzing why we love or hate Lin. Hahaha!

13. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

All rockets fans are Lin fans, they want him to do well.

I met Lin and was the first clutchfan to see his movie and talk to him.

I only asked rocket related questions cause I ain't lof.

14. real_egal

real_egal Member

Not when there is disagreement.

It's too often that Asian reference were brought up when arguing over Lin. Same as join date, and if that criteria has passed, then ethnicity is the next. OTOH, some 12ers were hard-core Lin bashers.

Speaking of Rudy T, he's scouting for the Lakers. That's another area where i am a little bit disappointed about Rockets, and wish them could involve our past greats more in the organization, like Lakers, Celtics etc.

15. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

This guy gets it.

16. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

You know the rockets fans love Yao and for these idiots to come in and call rockets fans racist and make absurd references to Jackie Robinson, some fans may have went overboard to piss off these fools.

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Man, Lin is one of the weak links on this team, anyone that watches basketball should know that..... His turnovers and out of control play most of the time has been the hinderance when we play teams that are elite or close to elite. The talent on our team can mask that against teams that arent good, but against elite competition his incompetent play along with TJones has been our achillies.

Also Parsons in these previous 2 losses, has played like ***** also, but that was only these two games. Lin has been turnover prone ever since i can remember, which is possbily the weakest aspect on our team along with free throws and giving up 2nd chance pts.

Can we plzzzzzzzzz talk about something else. Like T.Jones turtle mechanism that kicks in when we play good team, or when we faces someone thats a big name or has big more talent than him. Its like he doesnt even want to shurd his game on the court when that occurs. Or the fact that Hamilton looks like the man off the bench for this Rockets squad from now until the season ends. Or that McFail is a horrible coach when it comes to alot of things dealing with in game audibles.

......... I guess we have a thread for all those things huh?...... Dont mind me...carry on. GO ROCKETS.

18. real_egal

real_egal Member

Again, there are idiots in all demographic groups, and they tend to act even more crazy online. Just like someone quoted a tweet from a nutcase how he wishes other Rockets player go down. But that's no reason to use that to justify launching full attack on Lin's Asian fans here on Clutchfans.

I understand sometimes one can do things to piss off annoying people, from time to time, no even necessarily related to Lin. But every day, every possible thread, every page, to the extend even wish certain Rockets player to fail, "to piss off LOFs"? I don't buy that. To me, it's rather about Lin than about certain fans.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

$8 mill is considered a legit super star? For a vet poster you are trolling. There are guys like Rashard Lewis that had max contracts and barely got any criticism.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member