1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After his first game, what did you think of Jordan Hamilton?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JHarden713, Feb 25, 2014.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Weird, I don't think there is a chance of this happening. I think it is a certainty. I personally don't care for Jones too much. His help D is bad, and he gets pushed around in the post. It drives me nuts. Now D-mo, someone who I thought was soft, has shown me something these past few weeks. This team would be better with him in the starting unit. His positioning, as well as his ability to hold his own on the block has made him a plus defender.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It's early but if he continues at this type of production what kind of contract might he be offered?

3. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

love the energy

4. Play07

Play07 Member

2013-2014 $1,169,880

2014-2015 $2,109,294 (team option)

I would give it some time, I remember like yesterday I was really happy to have casspi on vet min contract and team option for next year also wishing it wouldve been 3 yrs. :(

5. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Exactly what we needed at the trade deadline.

Our bench needs major help on defense, he adds to this. Very long, athletic wing that can hit the three.

This team will be really scary if we can add Granger.

Teams will have a hard time making up points, with a bench lineup of Hamilton, Granger and Asik.

6. fattz

fattz Member

We may have one of the better benches in the league now. Asik, Lin, DMo & JHam.

Folks, I believe we are closer then we think

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Na fam, your undervaluing T.Jones contribution. Jones athleticism changes the way defenses buckle down on Dwight. Jones is able to keep other PF's off balance by doing a quick jab step to the basket when teams overplay Dwight, then he either gets a easy rimshot, or alley to Dwight. Basically, he keeps the defense honest. Now DMo has outplayed him recently. But Jones's quickness is what seperates him from DMo. Jones's help D bad? Don't know about that either

8. j3i

j3i Member

Dmo's post and pnr defense is certainly more sound. A bit too European for my tastes, but you can do that when you have Dwight as your anchor. I like that he's using his size to contest the shot instead of trying to block. It keeps him out of foul trouble. However, his rotations are a still a little late.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That I shouldn't have doubted Daryl Morey. And, he's definitely one of us already.

10. dragician

dragician Member

wow, he's a steal.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's because he's a legit 6'7" while others are addling up to 3 inches... Jordan Hamilton is only about half an inch shorter than the beloved Kevin Love. This is case with Durant who is a legit 6'9.