1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After his first game, what did you think of Jordan Hamilton?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JHarden713, Feb 25, 2014.

1. LandryMegaBeast

if he can come off the bench and play like that every night I will be ecstatic. Solves the Garcia/Casspi s***show situation

2. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Potentially a solid rotation player. Good trade.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Nice debut for Ham. Solid performance, better athlete than Garspi and effective shooter, defender and rebounder. Let's hope he's what the Morey ordered. Numbers pretty good for his first time out, now we'll see how he does against the Clips.

J. Hamilton 24:22 4-7 2-2 2-3 +3 1 5 2 1 1 1 3 12

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think he'll be a good defender, but he'll probably be at least a slight upgrade over Garcia/Casspi.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I already put him potentially better than Garcia and Omri off the bench. His defense is incredible...now we have another player that play D. He can attack and shoot ....just what this team need and i think he fits in nicely.

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Wait a sec...are you saying his face looks abnormally old or that you have seen his genitals?

1 person likes this.
  7. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

If he plays within the pecking order, he should be able to land some minutes.

8. Amir

Amir Member

reminded me a lot of courtney lee in that he seemed very mobile and hustled, and can also knock down the three

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I liked what I saw. Granted, we were playing the Kings, but he seemed to look for his shot in the flow of the offense. And that was a very nice block. Not too many guys on this team can make that kind of play. Also, keep in mind that this was only his first game with the Rockets. Wait til his teammates start finding him in that corner spot on a regular basis.

10. chandlerbang21

Only " athletic" thing he did was block one lqyup attempt so nothing was shown today. Clippers will be test

11. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Ham & Turkey, PB&J

Rockets are the sandwich club

12. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I think this is the most important development tonight. I liked what I saw tonight too, but it was one game and against the Kings, so who knows. BUT, the fact they gave him playing time already was a pleasant surprise. When the trade went down I assumed the rotation would not change at all, and that Hamilton would ride the pine unless there was an injury -- just like Brooks. But it looks like Morey made this move because he thought Hamilton could help this season, and that is great news, considering how Garcia and Casspi have played as the back up wings so far this season.

So true so true. And, as I said above, it looks like Morey realized this as well when he made the trade, since Hamilton has already become the wing off the bench instead of Casspi and Garcia.

13. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Jordan Hamilton. Adding another H to H-Town!

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

j-ham will hit big shots for us in the playoffs

15. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

I am impressed but did anyone else see him grasping for air. He was looking gassed with hands on his knees. How is his conditioning?

16. archinkent

archinkent Member

It's just one game but the one thing that really impressed me is his defense. Tomorrow will be his real test against Crawford.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I'll wait for a game where we are not running on all cylinders to pass judgement. His D on Gay was good though.

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I think he showed to be a better defender than the back-up wings we have. I am sure we will find out more tomorrow against some better competition.

19. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

I like him and he compliments the bench and that's what we need.

20. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I like what I see.