1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After his first game, what did you think of Jordan Hamilton?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JHarden713, Feb 25, 2014.

1. AFS

AFS Member

One game, but definitely interested in seeing more. I was surprised when he got minutes in the first half. Did he already jump Casspi in the rotation?

2. clutz

clutz Member

1 person likes this.
  3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I would think so. He did get double Casspi's minutes this game.

4. HookemHorns1250

Did what he needed to do to help the team. That's all you can ask for. Gave Harden and Parsons a break, and didn't try to go out of his way on offense to get his shot.

He actually passed up a few open shots to keep the ball moving. Can't ask for much more for a back up.

5. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Has smooth release, hit a couple 3's, played good individual and team defense, played 24 minutes. I bet he plays some decent minutes against the Clippers tomorrow also.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

VERY solid, didn't play outside the offense, took the shots when they came to him and moved the ball well. athletic and hopefully he continues on, massive asset if he can keep it up.

7. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Just look at Casspi in the preseason compared to now lol

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I just have one of those bad feelings that this is the case of the first impression being very misleading. Guess I'm just expecting our backup wings to suck.

9. jocar

jocar Member

Me likey. Especially his hustle on D and goin up for rebounds.

10. bongman

bongman Member

Looks like the org thinks highly of him. He immediately got some significant PT.

11. jocar

jocar Member

T-Rob?

12. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

someone make a highlight pl?

13. NotChandlerParsons

Too early to tell, but as I was before tonight I'm optimistic he can take some minutes away from Garcia/Casspi and his 3p% will tick up on the Rockets a bit. Don't agree with Bill & Bull's assessment that he will be a good defender.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Didn't DMo already bump Casspi off the rotation? The Rockets aren't using Casspi at the 3. Morey brought in Hamilton to upgrade the 2/3 positions.

15. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I liked his hustle and he defended well. He made an impressive block, grabbed a few tough boards, didn't force the issue and sank a few smooth looking treys. He was also aggressive and didn't just settle for the jumper by penetrating the lane a few times.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He basically has the same physique as Thomas Robinson, only he actually plays the right position for that body type.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

ALso seems a like a high IQ player that moves the ball around to the right spots.

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Too early to say, but looking like a typical Morey "dominator trader" deal. If we weren't getting a third star player, a solid backup wing was the next and probably most important acquisition Daryl needed to make.

Hamilton played very well. He isn't one dimensional like Garcia and Casspi are. He has a solid three point stroke, but can also drive and finish. That block he had was pretty special. Solid rebounder, plays within team concept. Overall looking like the typical Morey trade of getting an undervalued player and allowing the player to shine, sort to speak.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Another guy who can catch lobs and dunk them.

He looked pretty good. He was a willing passer, only took one dumb shot (fadeaway midrange that he missed). My main concern with him is that he'll be looking to create his own shot too often, which he doesn't need to do on this team. If he can learn to hold back and let other guys be the playmakers, he looks like he'll be a good fit off the bench.

20. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Reminds me of Corey Brewer.