1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Ronda Rousey vs Cyborg the 2nd biggest fight in boxing/mma?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by what, Feb 23, 2014.

?

Pick One

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. what

what Member

The biggest fight is obviously Pacman v Mayweather. But other than that fight, I would be hard pressed to find another fight bigger than Rousey v Cyborg. This, to me, is unprecedented in women sports, especially in a sport that is traditionally a man's sport.

Women's USA soccer was probably the last women's event that could be on the level of this fight if it happens.

Agree?

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't remember a time where I was this excited for a fight since Tyson v Holyfield.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Didn't they already fight? :confused:

Lost its 'appeal.'

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

what happened to gina carano? she ever come back after cyborg whooped her?

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Why do you post in things you clearly don't know about? Why?

I don't know, while that fight is clearly very intriguing on paper, I feel like Cyborg having to drop 10 lbs and her history of using steroids before, it could easily just be another Rousey 40-second arm bar. Granted, I haven't seen Cyborg's last few fights. Cyborg's also not hawt :(.

Would love to see Carano come out of retirement to take on Rousey for non-fighting reasons.

6. sew

sew Member

no.

I got Rousey via armbar first round.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No, not since 'Cyborg' got caught juicing -- I don't think she can compete with the top girls without steroids.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Dang it. I was confusing her with Carmouche, and the Cyborg vs. Carano fights. I apologize, kevC. :eek:

Rousey in 2.