1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Do you know how long two seconds is in sport?

How do you know Lin had noticed Harden's elbow with 2 seconds and not with half a second or when it was too late? I'll go with the last option given nobody in their right mind would deliberately run into someone with their chin.

All the people saying 'Lin should've seen this/that/reacted this way/etc', they're trying to put themselves in Lin's shoes and saying what they would've done.

Now where have we heard that before.

It was careless, but it wasn't intentional and thats why some people trolling or not are just flat out struggling to grasp. lets move on

2. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Have you even seen the video or is this 2 seconds thing a estimation from what you remember from watching the game? Because a lot of times our memories aren't that accurate when recalling specific details like that, no offense intended.

Here's the link to the video.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tn...ame-harden.nba

It was from the beginning of the thread, sorry don't remember the page numbers.

If you watch the video, they play the play back in slow motion. Even in slow motion, the time that Jeremy ran into the screen to the time of the collision was about 1 second. That's 1 second in slow mo. Now imagine that in real time. And his eyes were on Clay Thompson the whole time.

I get that your upset about Harden getting hurt. But put the blame wheres its due. Which is on David Lee for being a dirty player and locking Jame's arm in place. NOt on our own player who was focused on defense.

The hate towards our own players is pathetic! I mean is this a houston fan site or not?

#442 Rocketfan_Dave, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    3 people like this.
  3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Here's a man who watched the video! Anyone who is not lying can easily see Lin never takes his eyes off of his man. The only time he doesn't is when Lee breaks his line of sight. And he tries to push his way passed Lee not seeing Harden at all until maybe a split second before his face slams into Hardens elbow. Lin's eyes are on his man and not anything else. Stupid to say otherwise.

This is not a Lin thread. If you hate him create a I hate Lin thread.

4. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Anyone who is accusing Lin of intentionally running into Harden's elbow is delusional. You probably think 9/11 was a conspiracy as well. Or haven't played basketball competitively. One thing I hate about the internet is giving opinions to people who shouldn't make opinions. There's a reason in the old days village idiots were locked up. Now we have to listen to these people.

1 person likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad Lin ran into hardens elbow instead of the rocks elbow.
    That's the peoples elbow.
    You smell it

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Ha. I can't believe this silly argument is still going on. Why on earth would somebody intentionally run into another player's elbow with his face? 9 times out of 10, the guy's face will take more damage than the other guy's arm.

(Well, except maybe for Carl Landry and Dirk Nowitzki, but we could call that one even)

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're right.
    Lin fan doesn't want to lose face
    I mean Jeremy's face

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

This definitely qualifies as the stupidest argument EVER on this forum...and that bar was already set pretty high.:rolleyes:

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

9/11 was on the inside and i play bball a ton. Basketball is effrcted by fractions of seconds. I believe what makes people ople be this Way towards lin is the accumulative. If he didn't see his arm in the time given then thats not a professional instinct you would expect. Maybe he's tired of getting screamed at and wanted to not lose his man at all costs.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

This entire thread...

[​IMG]

11. Jay713

Jay713 Member

12. Jay713

Jay713 Member

13. FeaR

FeaR Member

Showing no signs of the hyper-extended elbow he suffered on Thursday other than the sleeve he wore on his right arm, Rockets guard James Harden went through all of Saturday’s practice and declared, “I’m great.’

“It’s not broken so I’m good,” Harden said. “I thought I broke it as soon as the impact hit. Yesterday, there was a lot of treatment. This morning there was treatment and icing and stuff. Hopefully, it’s day-to-day. The pain went down a lot. When it first happened, it was hard to extend and move my elbow. Now I can move it. It’s not full strength, but it’s a lot better than yesterday and that’s a good thing.”

Rockets coach Kevin McHale said he would be “shocked” if Harden did not play Saturday against the Suns.

“James looked good,” McHale said. “The elbow looked good. He practiced, went through everything.”

Link

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I guess that's why you are named "Old Man", because you can't see. Lin clearly turned his head towards Harden's arm, takes two steps and then he runs into Harden. At what point does your intuitiveness kick in???

If I'm looking out of the corner of my eye and see something near my head, I'm going to immediately duck.....it's instinctive! Lin had two full steps, stop making excuses!

15. Doktor Mndbndr

Yes, it was an "accident", but not a "normal person accident" and that's the bigger problem. Once upon a time I had reached a full stop waiting to turn onto a freeway, and some car just rear-ends me at about 5mph. After I had been at a full stop for at least ten seconds (it's a relatively busy freeway, you often have to wait awhile to get an opening).

Anyway, some dazed looking dude comes out of the car who wasn't completely in his mind, maybe on light medication (legal or otherwise). It was like, "whatever, this guy's not in touch with reality". And that's the kind of accident this was, it was an "meathead accident", not a "normal person accident".

But I don't think that's the entire story. I think my previous post nailed the real reason JLin did this. That, in my not humble opinion, was a thread-closer.

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone think he intentionally ran into Harden's arm, that's crazy. However, if you look at Lin's play on the court, I just don't think he is smart!

You would figure by him being a Harvard Graduate, he would make better decisions on the court; he's turnover prone.

From taking last second shots, when we are down by 3 and not bother to look down and make sure both feet are behind the 3 point line, to driving to the basket with no where to go....just bad decision making period!!!!

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I get the "location-contact" bro, what I didn't catch was the Lee-lock. Got it and now am clear on root cause. I thought beard got "a holt" of lee (grabbing him) vs touch-location/ lee-lock

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Harden talking: "come on everyone, ring around the rosie"

19. Doktor Mndbndr

The "Was it an accident?" or "was it intentional?" isn't the real debate.

It's why did JLin have this sort of "anomalous, non-normal accident"? And what interesting things does it reveal about him or the situation?

20. Doktor Mndbndr

I am beginning to wonder if Lin's one of those autistic math grinds who memorizes K-12 propaganda and "jumps through the hoops set by 105 IQ grade school teachers" to get into Harvard. And who got a boost from his athletics as extracurricular, so isn't even a premier alpha nerd in that one-dimensional way.

I don't believe it because he seems a bit more well rounded, but am genuinely beginning to wonder. Because that type lacks the general intelligence and situational awareness that was just on display.