1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Grade the deadline performance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 20, 2014.

Tags:
?

Grade the performance

1. A

43 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. B

113 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. C

84 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. D

26 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. F

38 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I give this deadline an A. Morey refused to get raped by Boston (so the rumor says) and we have a great team on a roll right now. This is the first year this team is together and I am extremely excited about the future with the team as is. I think upgrading here and there is something Morey will have no problems doing and when the time is right, he will do it.

There is absolutely no need to make a big trade for the sake of making a trade as many people on here seem so desperate to want. Let's roll with what we got and see where it takes us. It may just be enough to surprise the world. Go Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this season essentially ended today. the only thing still undetermined now is whether we go fishing in april or may. in any case, we are not beating okc or lac. perhaps morey is waiting to add that 3rd star in the offseason..

3. bmd

bmd Member

I don't know anything about Jordan Hamilton. I never watch the Nuggets.

He traded a 3rd string PG who hardly plays for a back-up SF. Not much of a splash, so who knows what to make of it at this point. It's a very minor trade.

But that's fine. I don't think it would have been smart to make a major move before this whole season plays out. After the playoffs, we'll have a better understanding of what should be done going forward as far as any big moves are concerned.

4. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

I doubt either of them seriously thought they were going to be moved.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think Asik wanted to be moved, but maybe was resigned to not going anywhere. I can't believe Lin didn't have at least some suspicion that he might get traded.

6. BonziWellsGOAT

*Shivers* Sean Elliot could be our color commentator right now if not for that.

There is a God.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

A 3rd string PG for a 3rd string SF. Hamilton may have upside, but a bit disappointed that we didn't solve any specific needs (perimeter defender, 3pt shooter).

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

So you guys label Daryl Morey a genius for his ability to pull off ridiculous trades, but when he's unable to pull the trigger he's still a genius? Seems the guy can do no wrong to some

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Without even knowing anything about Hamilton, I'd still be more comfortable putting him in the game than Garcia or Casspi.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't say no wrong, but it is hard to bash a guy who has acquired two stars in 2 years.

11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Best move, no move at all.

Well I give it a B, since we could have upgraded our bench with turner or neal.

12. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Not sure why this reminded me of this...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

A+, because the perfect time to judge trades is right after they happen. Only fools wait around for perspective, and 20/20 hindsight is for wusses.

1 person likes this.
  14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I'm actually going to retract my B and give Morey and incomplete. With our MLE still in play we could acquire Granger if he's waived. If that scenario happens, this deadline would be an A+

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I give them a "B" for not screwing the team up. I'm glad they dodged the Rondo bullet and can go back to winning basketball games.

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

So basically getting H&H somehow allows Daryl Morey no accountability? Must be nice

17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I'm happy.
    Hamilton could work with better players around.

we keep Parsons, Dmo and Tjones
    we keep our 2014 1st and the Knicks 2nd (a draft night without picks is so sad)

i'm fine

18. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

A - Acquiring starting caliber player without sacrificing anything essential (i.e. packaging Asik with picks and young talent)
    B - Sacrifice essential piece to upgrade core of team (i.e. Parsons for Rondo)
    C - Minor lateral transactions to upgrade the bench.
    D - Giving up a valuable asset for risky reclamation projects.
    F - Trade universally deemed as detrimental to the team in the short and long term

I voted C. If Hamilton winds up being useless, then grade changes to a D. If Hamilton can prove himself to be a solid backup to Parsons over Garcia and Casspi, my grade changes to a B.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why bash him for not pulling the trigger on a trade that would make the team worse?

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

"C"

The 2014 trade deadline for us was a bologna sandwich.

Satisfactory but not overly good or bad.