1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grade the deadline performance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 20, 2014.

Tags:
?

Grade the performance

1. A

43 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. B

113 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. C

84 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. D

26 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. F

38 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How did Dario Marley do in your opinion? Poll coming up.

2. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

F for f*** Omer.

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

B for not screwing the team up by getting creative.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes the best move to make is no move.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

C.

We didn't screw anything up (which would have warranted an F). We didn't pull off any major moves, but neither did any team really except for Indiana. We upgraded (by trading Brooks for Hamilton) and I think the team's recent performance is evidence that we didn't exactly need to completely retool. Would have liked to bring in a guy like Waiters or someone a little better than Jordan Hamilton, but I'll take mark this up as an average trade deadline.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

B. Solid trade. Got another wing that could be a nice piece for us. Hopefully Cannan is ready because he's next on the depth chart.

7. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Lateral move at best, maybe a bit better some more depth? taking a flyer on a young player hard to grade right now till few months later. Its all good though wish we couldve gotten a more proven veteran, but fukk it let's go to war with what we have.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'll give Morey a B. He didn't give in and trade Parsons. He gave up a superfluous player in AB and got us someone who worst case scenario will be another Cisco(this year's version) and best case scenario could fill the void left by Delfino. Not moving Asik is a wash. I wanted him gone, but if he'll actually play for this team going forward then that's actually a win for Morey and the Rockets. Especially come playoff time.

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'll give him am A for effort.

10. count_dough-ku

The 1994 World Champion Rockets concur.*

*You know after that whole Sean Elliott trade fell through.

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

F

traded for some nobody but glad we kept Parsons

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

B.

I like that Morey was aggressive but not in a rush to blow stuff up when the team is finally clicking. I'm in the keep Parsons boat and it appears as if Morey is too. I think we should pay him near max right after locking up that third star in Summer 2015.

I like allowing Brooks to get some play time although I will miss him.

I'm a little upset we didn't get another veteran but hopefully Air Jordan provides some 3&D from the bench. I wonder if that is who Codman was expecting us to get? My money is on Granger being our Pippen type but I'll wait for him.

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

And that has been proven true many times recently.

I'm glad we will get to see what this group of players will do this year. We can always make trades after the season is over if we want too. Although it does look like Asik and Lin are here until the end of their contracts. And I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Does last night's game count?

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

FTW Rockets FTW Official Grade: A+

16. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

A - Let a good young team develop some consistancy. Starting to play well, get healthy and gel together. Unless he passed on some no brainer, I'd rather let this team play it out.

17. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I give em an F cz we needed a 3 and D player to throw in there with Bev, Lin, DMo and Asik. The rondos wouldve been nice but really someone to replace garcia/casspi is all we needed.

18. Classic

Classic Member

A

I like the small move & keeping the core intact

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

C. I like the move, but it isn't a game changer. I think Canaan was close to passing Brooks on depth chart anyway so really very little given for very little. Hamilton will bring shooting, some rebounding, and adequate defense at the 3 (Hey this team has Parsons so I may be giving him a little more credit than due here).

He didn't make a bad move like overpaying for a guy who hasn't been playing well for a couple of years (i.e. before and after his latest injury, but may have been hampered by other injuries). That said, Rockets have a really good team that is going to crush the Warriors tonight.

20. count_dough-ku

I'm hoping a weight has been lifted off of Lin's shoulders though with the trade deadline passing. Now he knows he's here for the rest of the season, so he can chill out and just play ball. The jury's out on Asik, but one hopes that he realizes he can't just throw away nearly an entire season by pouting. Not with him just over a year away from free agency.