1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 2/19/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

But Jeremy Lin is different on this board. Everytime he looks bad all his haters come on here and gloat. The same goes the other way. The thing is you can't just clump a whole group into one category.

I find there a lot fans on here who came for Jeremy Lin and our respectful of others, some have actually turned into Rockets fans just like we still have fans in China who still root for the Rockets.

I thought your joke was funny but coming from someone who undervalues Lin IMO it could be taken the wrong way. It does add fuel to the fire and probably helps polarize the board a little more. I'm sure all the LOH's loved it. But maybe not so much the LOF's. Ah it's life this a forum and they just need to have a sense of humor like you say.

I do have one question clutch. I wonder way you dislike Lin's game so much or see such a gap between him and Beverly. I absolutely agree Beverly should start over Lin. And since he's returned he has put a little more separation between him and Lin. But that is mostly because of having Harden and Lin to start the game together just doesn't work as well and Lin coming off the bench gives us an added boost. But IMO Lin started the season playing better than Bev and now that trend has reversed. Especially if Bev can hit a few more of his threes but I do not see this not even close gap you talk about. At times yes but overall no.

1 person likes this.
  2. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

I think you've convinced me. this team is on a roll and its pretty fun to watch. No trades unless a can't miss opportunity presents itself.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

4. verysimplejason

I think Clutch just doesn't want to do anything with Lin (or Lin fans) anymore. That's the short and long story of it. Just look at how "miserable" life had become for Clutchfans since Lin became a Rocket. I guess it's better to just let Lin go. Clutchfans would be better for most of the people here. Now if only Morey will read here. The clock is ticking...

5. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

Would someone be kind enough to post the video of Howard blocking/grabbing Kaman's shot ? :)

6. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Rockets need to keep Lin or else who will be keeping Parsons happy at night? They got so much bromance between the two Parsons would be sad and everyone omitted Parsons is the glue that keeps the team together. He even called out on Harden isos and Look at what's happened these days with Harden passing more, shooting led and playing better ball overall. His defense is still spotty but you can't be perfect. The Rockets I think with Asik back can possibility go far in the playoffs at this rate.

7. autoprt

autoprt Member

i am just hoping for the trade deadline to end so the talk about it will.
    i'm thinking lin will get trade over summer. to do it now wouldn't make sense based on what the team has built chemistry wise and this year is still considered rebuilding towards a championship. next year the team will expect to at least make finals.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Great to see Howard take a giant ***** on the Lakers.

9. calcium

calcium Member

I am a big fan of Lin.
    I am a big fan of Harden.
    I am a big fan of Howard.
    I am a big fan of Beverley.
    I am a big fan of Jones, Smith, DMo, Brooks, Parsons.

My 2 cents.
    Lin had a bad game tonight.

But some of the carp that is being spewed around here ... I shake my head.

What would you choose, if by trading Lin away, which in my opinion, would
    weaken the team but would make the GARM less fractious, would you
    trade him away?

If so, would that make one less of a loyal fan?

Reminds me of some parable, which escapes me now.

Maybe it's the cut nose, spite face thing.

Anyways... I get back to enjoying the 8 in a row!!!!!

Who's up next?!

10. allaroundplayer

11. allaroundplayer

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yeah if you want Lin traded cause you think he sucks ass as a basketball player thats fine, you'd be wrong because hes a talented player but with obvious weaknesses.

But lately especially, maybe it's the trade deadline times, there have been WAY too many posters saying crap like, "trade Lin make the GARM better/trade Lin later LOFs" and who are genuinely serious.

This imo is r****ded as hell, the first and only concern should be does it make the team better or worse. Some kind of fan a person is to trade away a player who has been contributing well in his role to the team just to spite a fanbase.

but meanwhile,

[​IMG]

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

This May be the best job Mchale has done this season with the time distribution among the players.

14. adobo

adobo Member

Read clutch's comments corresponding to this reply. I don't see anything wrong with it. He did have a bad game, it's ok to make light of it seeing that there was a big focus on his pending trade. The main thing is Rockets did win by big margin so everything is cool, the team are all smiles...bit of joke here and there is good for the heart. It's not like he plainly said "Jeremy sux and should be traded"

15. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

I didnt even come on the board last night Lin didnt look good and I knew the conversation would be about Role player Lin... most LOFs are resigned to Lins role on this team... and the fact he is stuck until his contract expires...

frankly I dont even come on when Lin has a good role player game to talk about his stats .... usually it will be a 5 for 8 shooting night with like 4 assist

so thats nothing to talk about either...

16. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

good team win... I like the fact the starters were rested more this game...

and got rest for tonights game

17. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Why do people gloat when Lin plays bad? Because a portion of his fan have an irrational an delusional view on hos good Lin is and they believe there is a conspiracy from the Coach to the players to hold Lin back.

The gab between Bev and Lin isn't big, however the impact Bev has with the starters compared to Lin is getting larger and larger. Granted as the 6th man, Lin is much better at being that guy than Bev.

18. neostars

neostars Member

We played a **** Laker team full of injuries. Let see how we go against warriors.

19. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

most LOFs dont like the way Lin is being used...

they dont like how he is being compared to Linsanity or other guards in the league... when he is not played like he was when he was in NY

or when he was told how he would play when he was offered a contract by the Rox

simple fact of the matter is we dont know how good or bad Lin will be until he is played to his strengths

because as a Shooting Guard he is a mediocre player...who will give you a few break out games a year but thats it...

take it or leave it at least Lin hasnt faked an injury or demanded a trade

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

what a boring game