1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. CelticFan

CelticFan Member

Hey, I'm a Celtics fan who normally contributes to a few different Celtics message boards. Since this rumor was broke by clutchfan I decided I would join and give my .02.

First off I am a huge Rondo fan, and I think if you added him to your team you guys would go from the second tier in the West to battling OKC for the title. He would improve the quality of shots you would take on offense, create steals on defense as well as rebound the ball at an elite level for his position. It is too small of a sample size to tell yet so far this season but Rondo is shooting 38% from three so far (which includes just horrendous shooting in the first six games recovering from injury). Even in his first game back from injury you could tell he was still the best passer in the league.

To be fair as a Celtics fan I am kind of a homer, so take it with a grain of salt when I say you would win a Rondo, Green for Parsons, Lin, Asik, Beverly/Smith, 2 first deal. It might seem like a lot to give up but with Rondo's ability to be your final championship piece it is plenty worth it.

1 person likes this.
  2. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

The ESPN article suggests to me that Parsons can be had if Ainge insists on it. Morey wants Rondo now in order to win now, and that means Ainge has the leverage to name his price. I think Lin, Asik and Parsons will have to go to Boston for this trade to happen to get Rondo/Green. Or, Morey could swing two trades, sending Asik to Philly for Hawes or Young and sending Lin/Parsons plus a pick to Boston for Rondo.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Amick had all the inside info when Kevin Martin was unhappy in Sacramento & Houston.

In one of those Rocketcasts Ackerman joked about Friedman being Amick's source since they were friends. Even though they were joking there was the sense Amick's info was good and the Rockets weren't happy about it.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's a reason the Celtics are trying to dump Rondo rather than trying to build around him. He's not worth what they're asking.

1 person likes this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Do you have some sort of connection to possibly true information?

Argh!! This is killing me!

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just remember folks that if you trade Parsons for Rondo we aren't winning a championship this season. That's a hard reset chemistry wise. Rondo's not even 100% back. He can't even play b2bs

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Klay Thompson, Gordon Hayward(iffy but in convo), Aaron Afflalo, DeMar DeRozan, Jamaal Crawford (iffy)?

Parsons is high, no doubt, but I'm not sure I'd put him right at 7. Personally I'd say 9. I'm totally being nit-picky here, but this place is always about discussion. Are you going by some stat I'm not looking at? PER maybe?

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

big difference between "trying to dump" someone and trying to assess what their value is on the open market.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Or any time soon. It would be like a version of the Barkley trade if it happened in 1992 and we never won anything.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Rajon Rondo's teams' offense rankings during the big 3 era:

10th
    6th
    15th
    18th
    27th

Rockets offense this year:

7th

I understand how good he is on defense, but how does he help our offense again?

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Whose to say we winning on this year with Chandler Parsons... it's all a risk.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's been rumored to be available for a long time now, they're clearly trying to dump him but they've set the price WAY too high. Every time there is a trade rumor, Rondo's name comes up.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the information. Rondo's health is my biggest concern. That, and giving up too much to get him. Fair deal? I'm definitely up for a trade with Boston. It'll probably be a 3 team deal, and if it is, I keep wondering who that third team might be.

tick tick tick tick....

14. Clarinetmonster

Yup, I'm starting to feel the same way - unless Celts completely rape us for Lin, Asik, TJones, Parsons and Picks as was discussed above.

15. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

are you freaking kidding me.

Seriously, this is no longer trolling. You have to just be plain stupid. Sorry if this gets me an neg rep or whatever but ... who in the world honestly thinks that what some random guy says on a FAN FORUM could create ANY REACTION from the national media.

I would freaking ban you immediately and block your IP from even accessing this website. You provide nothing positive to this forum. geez

2 people like this.
  16. FeaR

FeaR Member

However, I believe that this trade deadline is important for celtics ... There are so many teams that will try to trade for Rondo in the off-season for one year, without a guarantee for re-signing and much more assets than ours ? I don't know ... Morey must take him IMO.

17. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

So that big leak King Drew was talking about hasn't happened yet, right?

I don't remember if he said tonight, or what. I'm trying to get some work done and want to be here when that's supposed to happen :p

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wrong. Rondo doesn't want to re-sign there. Boston sucks, not Rondo.

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

because defense was a BIGGER part of why they won a tittle?

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Rondo is a winner also with a ring to prove it. If Parsons were signed to a reasonable contract that had 3-4 years duration on it, I would have a difficult trading him away for anyone, but who knows how much his agent will request or what team out of the blue will offer him Rashard Lewis type money.