1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Rondo is great, but giving up CP, Asik, Lin and two first rounders is too much. Even if we get back a Jeff Green.

IF the Rockets really get Rondo, I hope the Rockets keep Lin. Rondo and Bev would seem a bit redundant.

2. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Cyberx or King Drew, you got anything?

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I realise he's legit, but if he gets a text from morey saying

- we haven't spoken about rondo

He would just run with it, doesn't mean morey isn't lying, it's got to be damage control incase it doesn't go down so parsons doesn't turn into pau gasol Peter every deadline

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

This is true.

5. Apache

Apache Member

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The fact that Rondo is on the trade block is somewhat telling.

We don't hear any Harden or Dwight trade rumors do we?

But to the point, I dont see Lin/Asik/1st as the entirety of a deal in any case.

OR, we take back something that they desperately want to get rid of that no one else will take.

7. Moleb

Moleb Member

I agree 100%

But people on CF are so emotional you know? :)

8. TheEarthBlues

TheEarthBlues Member

It's really, really hard for me to think that Daryl Morey hasn't even spoken to the Celtics. He worked in Boston for three years, and is still close with the organization, especially Danny Ainge and Mike Zarren.

I'd be more surprised if they weren't speaking here and there.

If I had to guess, I'd say Sam Amick probably inquired with his source in the Houston Rockets organization and they, as expected, denied everything.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Delusional.*

Delusional.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this is an excellent post, and sorely needed. Rondo is worth risking team chemistry for. And Ainge has all the leverage because rebuilding around Rondo is not a worst-case scenario. As much as i like Parsons, and i'm a huge fan, he shouldn't prevent us from getting Rondo if we legitimately have a chance to do so. And i don't understand how Ainge trades Rondo without getting lotto picks (which we don't have) or a budding star in return (which we do in Chandler Parsons).

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I'd trade Parsons for CP3... But not Rondo, lol

Rondo is nice, but lets not get carried away.

But , business is business... I guess Parsons can walk after this season, so perhaps morey is preparing for the offseason.

I don't freaking know. Losing Parsons will definitely hurt. He's a winner.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Morey's daughter is going to disown him.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Probably where this guys kid got his information from.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He walk after next season, not this season.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Nothing exists in a vacuum.

How many seasons in a row has Rondo been mentioned in trade rumors? Everyone knows that the dude will explore his options and Ainge is smart enough to flip him before his back is against the wall.

The final component is the desire to build the ideal Brad Stevens team. From what I understand, tons of spacing + playmakers are key, thus why they value Parsons and Gordon Hayward.

Combine those factors, and these deals aren't unreasonable.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

17. Apache

Apache Member

Harvard there yeah

18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Rondo's tear was clean, as in he didn't injure anything else like straining his MCL next to it.

He specifically sought out the surgeon who did Adrian Peterson's surgery. The surgeon said the surgery was very clean. This guy also did the Robert Griffin III repair.

How silly do the people who discounted Adrian Peterson feel now? Rondo's super competitiveness was shown in recovery. He was inspired by Peterson, and even sought out Peterson to talk and consult about recovery

1 person likes this.
  19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I have a feeling this is going to happen, with Parsons going the other way...

20. Andrew Wiggins

Remember, all Spears reported was he heard someone close to the organization said the Rockets showed interest in Rondo and that the Celtics asking price is very high.

Amick might have talked to someone with the Rockets and they said no because either:

A) They don't want to confirm they are interested in trading for Rondo (in a deal rumored to involve one of their premier players).
    B) They really haven't talked to each other.

If they have then chances are they still need to work out an agreement and still need to close in on the gap. Last time the Asik-Boston rumors were leaked the Celtics didn't let the rumors phase them into upping their offer to complete the trade by giving us a better pick.