1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

If morey somehow pulls off this trade without giving up parsons, wow. That scenario is completely wishful thinking considering he's dealing with Ainge but still nice to hope for. If we do indeed trade Parsons, I wouldn't mind it either.

2. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Why would anyone be talking about it if the teams haven't spoken. The Rockets brass traveled to Boston to watch the Houston-Boston game with Ainge and company last month. Of course they are talking.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

What are you doing Muarray!!! Speak to THEM!!!! :mad:

4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Yeah I just read somewhere the only way they would be willing to give up Chandler is if they got Deng in return somehow. I am not really sure how a trade like that would work though since Deng has to be traded by himself.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Amick is legit though. He's been good for years, and was of course the one who broke Dwight's decision.

6. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Before the trade deadline. They haven't spoken. Yeah, right.

No deal I could believe, but Morey not talking to someone about an allstar level player potentially available for trade? Not a chance.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

ACL injuries these days are like paper cuts.

All kidding aside, his numbers lately are getting back in to that triple double a night cat.

8. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Amick being a mouthpiece for us would make sense. We gave him the Dwight scoop he owes us a little bit of love.

9. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Saw this post on Real GM.

The trades we're hearing, maybe Celtics centric, are absolute home runs for Boston. I don't think Ainge should trade Rondo unless he gets the package talked about.

Rondo
    Jeff Green

for

Parsons
    Lin
    Asik
    4th guy?
    2 picks

It is a huge haul. That's a 17 ppg scorer in Parsons (possibly 20 ppg guy going forward), starting C in Asik and a starting guard/trade bait in Lin for right now. Add in the two picks, even late and it is a great deal.

As far as Houston, they do it because (and I know Rockets fans are reading to get our opinion) you have no idea how good Rajon Rondo is. No idea. People, especially those that look at numbers, don't get it.

Think about this --- why would Toronto and Sacramento, Lakers, Phoenix and the Knicks (desperately) try and go after this guy? Toronto, Sac-town aren't even close to contending. What do they want with Rondo?

The guy supercharges your offense, makes the game easier and is a star. He isn't a great scorer, so he needs tools to work with. But, he made KG, Pierce and Ray relevant later in their careers by making then work less.

He is a Jason Kidd, Magic like effect on a game. He isn't the scorer magic is, but has that level passing ability and can control a game.

The other reason?

Rondo isn't friends with LeBron. He isn't friends with cp3, Durant or Westbrook. He doesn't like those guys. He wants to beat them.

Rondo is the only guy that kept Spolestra up at night. Off all the teams this Miami Heat team has faced in their 3 year run, the only team that legitimately scared them half to death was that Rondo led effort in the ECF. It took LeBron's greatest game of his career to keep the heat alive.

Who brought that out? Rondo.

Don't look at his numbers in aggregate.

That said, if we don't get Parson, I'm interested. I think a Parson's-less package makes us worse in the long run than Rondo coming back. Rondo will re-sign in Boston. That's not an issue. We either get bowled over, or keep him.

1 person likes this.
  10. Andrew Wiggins

They're pretty boring. They hardly ever start off with the GMs talking to each other on the phone. It's usually someone much lower than Morey who sends offers or takes offers. 90% of offers don't make it further than the first phone call.

I think a lot of us would find the ones that actually went through interesting.

11. megastahr

megastahr Member

To all the "insider" haters

First I want this thread to legitimize both cybrex and to a certain extent King Drew.

We still have random people jumping in and saying that just because sam amick says they havent talked or if a deal doesnt happen that cybrex was a liar.

The simple fact that cybrex and king drew said this ... then several days (and in king drews case) several weeks later the national media jumps on the band wagon. PROVES they have inside info. Period. You cannot debate this. If you do you are just a total ignorant moron.

King Drew said this several weeks ago, and even said you will start hearing things come out around all star break. They day after All star is when cybrex dropped the bomb.

So regardless of whether or not this trade happens. Understand that both have established themselves as insiders...and need to be freakin respected.

These guys are like gold for us fans...and we need to treat them as such. Not spit in their face every time they RISK their jobs and reps informing us.

#2851 megastahr, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah I think he will come back and be fine. Rondo is more in the style of a Jason Kidd who relies more on intelligence than raw athleticism. But ACLs and recovering from the related muscle atrophy can be tricky sometimes.

13. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Morey make it a 3 way!

Bring in Utah to send Hayward to Boston and Green and picks to Utah

14. Andrew Wiggins

He is more legit than Spears.

15. dje243

dje243 Member

Simple guys: Amick doesn't have a source so he reaches out to official team sources and of course they deny anything is going on. It's funny that he actually believes that the Rockets and Celtics "haven't even spoken". That's a bit of a reach don't you think? But hey... I guess if you want to keep your sources you have to pick your battles. Leak a denial that anything is going on and we'll let you know first thing once things are solid. I think I'm watching too much house of cards.

16. SacTown

SacTown Member

You'd have to think Lin would LOVE being in Boston. Near where he went to college.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Member

If I can remember didnt Morey make a offer for Deron Williams during the december 20th deadline and no one knew that had happened till after the deadline had passed?

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

BlockBuster trade in the making?

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Sam Amick is just behind Woj in terms of credibility, and well ahead of Stein or CyberX.

20. conquistador#11

alright, alright. that post by the real gm sold me. bring in rondo but if we don't get to the nba finals at least once in the next 5 years. I will be very upset. george costanza upset!