1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. conquistador#11

may be if Asik really wants out of here, he should say something "out of context" about a guard. =)

i want to believe.

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

He brings the attitude and toughness this team lacks at times when things aren't going smooth. Also a controlling hand when our turnovers get ridiculous. He can get the ball to Dwight effectively. He is averaging 15, 9, 7 on 68/50 shooting in his last 5 games.

3. brooksstephens

So you're going to hold on to a "glue guy" instead of getting Rondo? :rolleyes:

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Easy, Parsons.

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Wow that's huge. Thanks a bunch of always keeping us clued in cyberx!

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

he is being cryptic, only Cyber gives us straight forward information. He shouldn't be doubted either. Stuff is constantly changing but Cyber gives us information when he feels it means something. I trust he wouldn't throw smoke our way.

7. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Moving Parsons would destroy our chemistry

do you remember those games we had without Parsons? The team looked lost

8. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

Parsons is rapidly improving though,..and he compliments Dwight and Harden perfectly,Rondo is a AWFUL shooter and has a playing style that really clashes with Harden's,..In addition you're replacing a terrific locker room guy with a malcontent

9. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Rondo's a glue guy too. He knows how to throw an entry pass into Howard that glues to the big man's hands so he can score easily.....unlike every other player on the Rockets right now.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This trade deadline could singlehandedly end our championship hopes.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I just don't see Boston giving up a 1st round pick, especially with this year's draft being as talented as it is.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Rondo can teach Dwight how to win.

13. bmd

bmd Member

I would not want to give up Parsons for Rondo.

Parsons is consistent and one of the few shooters the Rockets have.

Doesn't make sense. I understand Boston would expect a player like Parsons for Rondo, but I don't see how it makes Houston better.

14. SunsRocketsfan

altho getting Rondo sounds exciting on paper.. it's just hard to see us giving up Parsons at this point. I would love for Morey to give these guys a chance.. We seem to have built great chemistry in the past month .. I believe this team at best is Conference Final contenders so I agree we arn't quite true title contenders yet but it would just be nice give this team a full year together.
    Rondo is talented no doubt but he needs to the ball in his hands and he's a horrible spot up shooter/shooter in general. Might not be the best fit on offense with Harden. Unless you change roles and make Harden the spot up shooter and put the ball in Rondo's hands.
    On defense is where Rondo can help pick up Harden's slack. Definitely a huge risk to our chemistry though but i guess i'll have to trust morey if this trade really does go down.

15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Shooting isn't a big deal. Jeremy's shot like .335 from 3 his 2 seasons here already.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

these next 3 days are gonna be hectic

17. eslate22

eslate22 Member

its more of morey saying... ok you want parsons too? i want a first round pick thrown in

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Do you really want Casspi or Garcia in the starting lineup? And then who becomes our backup SF? Brewer? Covington? LOL.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Parsons + Lin + 1st rd pick for Rondo

Brooks + Brewer + 2nd rd pick for Dunleavy

There you fill a lot of the offensive void that Chandler leaves behind. Rondo would in effect be your new "glue guy". Would still like to see a veteran PF brought in but, keeping Asik in this scenario we would have a deep frontcourt esp. when Smith gets back.

Just thinking out loud.

20. brooksstephens

People have to understand that the roster, as currently constructed, is NOT good enough to win a championship. No way. If you can get a star in return for a package with Parsons being the main piece, then fire away.

Some people will say there goes Morey again viewing everyone as Assets... but I say Morey is the guy who actually sees the big picture and is serious about a championship.