1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Davisag

Davisag Member

No way Morey trades Parsons for Rondo.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not surprised that Morey is engaged in the talk, but this reminds me of that "vetoed CP/Gasol trade" situation.

Back then, the "vetoed trade" would have landed New Orleans several good players that could keep them competitive (Odom, Scola, Kevin Martin) plus a few smallish future assets (some combo of low 1st round picks, Dragic before he got good, and maybe Patterson). Stern as the "owner" chose instead to go the other way and got a young Eric Gordon and a lotto pick and had the Hornets tank the season for another high lotto spot (they drafted Anthony Davis).

Now, what Houston can offer seems to be guys who will likely keep the Celtics somewhat competitive and no high picks. Not sure why the Celtics wouldn't choose to go with Lakers or Kings instead.

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Won't surprise me. I'm down with rondo.

4. Houston_Rockets

Can somebody please explain me this sentiment running around that Parsons is untradable???
    A solid player that is about to get OVERPAID like crazy???
    I am talking about objective reasons, not the "he is cute and a good player" kind of stuff.
    Talking about Rondo not being an ideal fit, I understand, even tho I disagree, but the "I don´t believe DM would trade Parsons" for a top 5 PG in this league mind you, in my opinion is irrational.

5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Well, to be fair, you can't have a deal without people at both ends talking. And for important players, they get some information too (because recieving team wants to know if they'll sign extension, for example). Which means some agent knows. That's a lot of people to keep quiet.

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I don't wanna give up Parsons for ****ing Rondo.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This doesn't make much sense to me. I know Cyberx has been right in the past, but there would need to be another huge piece coming back in addition to Rondo to make this a better Rockets team going forward.

If there were true, why not just go after Lowry who could be had for cheaper?

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

R U male or female? If the latter, please provide pics! :grin:

9. chocolatebear

chocolatebear Member

Please don't give away Parsons. The toyota center is much louder with girls cheering their heads off.

(anyone else notice that he gets the loudest cheers during player introductions?)

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I do not want Rondo if it means giving up Parsons.

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It has been a very long time since Rondo was a top 5 point guard. IMHO he never was.

12. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Nobody has to worry about the Parsons part, we should know by now that Morey is much smarter than that. Remember when the media said we were offering our whole team to rent Dwight with the risk of him most likely walking considering the anemic team he'd have left to play with? So many people were freaking out about that until the real story came out, so don't worry and just trust in Morey.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Parsons is going to be the next Arn Tellem or Dan Fegan in 10-15 years. You don't want to cross Parsons or he will **** your team up.

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Rondo has true playoff moxy that no one on this team currently has and this team is in dire need of a true QB with the ball instead of constant isolations, he's also a triple double threat in almost every game. If Rockets can somehow pull this off it would totally change the landscape in the West.

15. eslate22

eslate22 Member

i have no problem with this if we get the right VALUE back for him... like a lin/parsons for rondo/green/1st round pick... thats a pretty good deal to me

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I'm sure it will drop.

17. Marteen

Marteen Member

Apologies. I don't want to disrespect the cyber person for giving this info. Thank you. The only thing that bothers me is that Rondo is coming off an injury and hasn't played much this season. It can ruin the chemistry that the Rockets have with their point guards. Rondo is a good player but nowhere near game-changing like say Chris Paul is.

I trust Morey in his decision-making, but this is the second time (first time being the Gasol-Scola proposal) that I'm skeptical about this potential deal.

18. rocketblood713

I all for Rondo but im not good with it if Parsons is in the deal if he is then ..No!

19. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I hope this doesn't happen, stick to doing a small trade for a wing player

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Strangely enough, that is a real possibility.