1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Karl Malone on the 90's Rockets and Hakeem Olajuwon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Lord forbade he never donned a rocket jersey.

At least Royce White and World Peace had mental problems.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I don't understand why people hate people who they never met personally. That shi* puzzle the F out of me. I couldn't stand the Jazz period but I never hated the players. Every team had dirty players back in the days. The Dream would put them hands on a joker quick fast in a hurry. Vernon Maxwell well was off the chains. We even had jokers on drugs.

Now Malone is dam right about the Dream being the best. Dude was a freaking beast.

1 person likes this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Undercutting players while they are in the air (Like Malone did to Boki) is not "old school physical". Its a dirty play which can seriously injure the player. There's nothing "old school physical" in intentionally using elbows and legs to take players out (videos below and pics below - He intentionally led with his elbows and legs). He had been doing it without remorse since his college days Conversely, "old school physical" players would not flop and go to the floor quite as easily like Malone used to. It was disgraceful to watch at times.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6BgSB2aFRP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6bM-Y4UoiAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f0nIHCR--Bg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#83 Zboy, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I've always liked Karl Malone.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Can you also post all the fights that happened back then? Post all the dirty plays by the Bad Boys Pistons. How bout all the elbows Dwight use to throw in his Magic days. LOL IJS

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

There is physicality, old-school play. And then there is dirty.

Malone broke several unwritten rules of basketball that exist among players. I can never respect a guy that does that. There is a general code that basketball players follow, and he broke them.

To validate, one of the rules is to not undercut somebody; hey, he did that. That is why Franchise was so pissed.

1 person likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Apparently you do not understand the concept of intentional.

Mutombo has taken a few players out with his elbows during his career but no one is going to accuse him of intentionally using them to hurt players. No one is going to accuse of Mutombo of flopping like a b**** on the other end either.

And I laugh at the Piston Bad Boys, the kiddy (but they are doing it too) argument. Pistons were called out for their antics. No one defends them.

Malone dished it out but cried like a whiny little b**** to the refs when he was being played physically.

#87 Zboy, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

A lot players cried like little Biotches after being fouled. Michael Jordan was one of the big name players that didn't whine like a little girl after a foul.

And I understood the concept but you fail to realize that's how they played back in the day. Why you think we had some many players fighting back then? Easy, jokers were dirty as hell that is why. Not just Malone. Sir Charles always stated, that Guards got roughed up when they attack the rim. Isn't that intentional Sir? Hell yes bwhahahaha make them think twice about going in the LAND OF THE GIANTS.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Oh and another thing Deke did his share of crying after he elbowed the **** out of a player and when he got fouled. LOL

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

Felt the same way about Fisher's cheap elbow to Scola's face in the 2009 Playoffs...?

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Dwight still throws elbows today. Every game in fact. Imagine if one of those were to land in an unfortunate spot at some point.

Hey, look at these two Rockets:

[​IMG]

I'd like to see evidence of Malone ever doing anything as bad as that.

But hey, I'm sure it's cool, since Ron was a Rocket and liked to get on CF.

1 person likes this.
  12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Indeed, but the difference now is he is not getting caught like he did in Orlando. lol And look at all the cheap shots that others do to Dwight. Another thing Zack Randolph is dirty in the trenches as well. bwhahahaah

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That was unprovoked, blatant contact where he pursued a player and bashed into him. Not really comparable IMO to committing a hard foul against someone as part of a defensive play.

14. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I liked the interview Clutch, thanks.

15. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

While it was nice to see Malone give the Rockets and Dream such high praise.....

I will forever hate the Jazz and their crap head fans more than any other pro sports franchise in history. It all came from Eaton, Stockton (nut shots), Malone, Hornechik, and whoever else they used to run out there in the 80's-90's. Hate with the intensity of 1000 suns!

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That was a dirty ass play from Metta World Piece of the Lakers. Ron Artest of the Rockets did not pull that ****.

17. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I was never more proud of Boki than after that foul he gave back to Malone

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry but at some point you have to stop defending someone like that unless you are related to him but even then he might not treat you well. :(

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow, great short interview.

Dude looked like he was reminiscing about the past match-ups with Olajuwon and the Rockets.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Your bias does not permit you to see things in a logical manner. You certainly are entitled to your opinion. Karl Malone was one of the dirtiest players in the league, whose purpose was to maim you if he could in order to win.
    There were no hard clean fouls when he was around. Elbows, kicks, karate chops, jabs, deliberate stepping on the toes and flopping were deliberately committed by him.