1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Don't rule out a trade despite Rockets' recent run

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 14, 2014.

1. rokit

rokit Member

lol, come on man, we need more info!

2. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't realize Westbrook had an extra year left on his deal. I'm just not sold that OKC will keep that team intact. Who knows if Westbrook can ever stay healthy enough moving forward.

I feel like the Pacers have a better shot this year at winning it.

I feel confident that Houston could make it to the WCF based on matches. I think if they can hold onto the 3rd seed, they'll be in great shape. I'm kind of on the fence about keeping the team together. I think they can continue to get better but they do need someone they could rely on from long distances.

3. King Drew

King Drew Member

If your referring to who I'm hearing then yes. Volcanic proportion

4. King Drew

King Drew Member

I said smoke will start around all-star break and its about to

5. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

This is known by Any clutchfans

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who are you hearing? Why do you people speak in code?

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Do tell.

8. Clarinetmonster

What is this torture that they are inflicting upon us? Please just tell us what you heard so we can move on with life.

9. rocketsmetalspd

I hope this is not a bluff. Do you know something that will be a huge trade or just a simple trade that improve the team a little?

10. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm just gonna come out and say it.

Rondo will be a Rocket within 7 days.

11. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Bosh to hou? For asik and lin?

12. Clarinetmonster

Do the rest of the illuminati agree with this bold prediction? Or were you guys hinting at some other trade?

13. Carl Herrera

Who are "smoke" and "volcanic"?

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

smoke

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dBT_CdQAuIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

He's said for weeks a Rondo package for Asik/Lin was 65-70% "done" - or rather that's the percentage he put on it happening.

Sounds like he's ready to up that number.

From what I saw the other night, he's ready offensively, but nowhere near 100% defensively.

There will still be the typical Clutchfans bashing of our PG's if it happens.

From everything I could find in the past week, Ainge wasn't trading Rondo right now. But, a couple of weeks ago there were two different reports and Ainge's comments definitely felt like something was being seriously considered. (came out around time Rondo said he looked forward to free agency or something like that)

FWIW, Doc Rocket also said in a tweet that the Rondo thing "had legs", but didn't know how much.

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Feb. 20th will allow me to be more straightforward obviously, but, always want to preface this with the fact that I am not an insider. Not at all. I'm nothing like Clutch, Doc Rocket, Oeilpere, CyberX, etc. It's as simple as being friends with people in/associated with certain parts of the league. I love this board and my fellow Rockets fans but I also respect my personal friends. I'm a bit disgusted by some of the emails/messages I get though. I guess it comes with the territory.

Morey is busier than any of us can imagine, even if nothing goes through.
    Some initial plans changed because of healing injuries, but oh well. Our run-and-gun offense is straight slammin' right now. With James, Dwight and CP25, we have three guys that give maximum payne to other teams. Do we need a change?

Luckily, we're sharing the ball more than some other teams. We have a good mixture of young guys that willingly play multiple positions and we want to be flexible going forward to the playoffs. And, as we all know, Morey loves flexibility with money. Unlike other GM's he'll let a guy walk instead of trading him.

Our boys are pretty happy right now, but we need some more rhythm. Like any flock, some guys aren't always going to be happy with their role. There's always going to be that big brother that still wants his time to shine. He may no longer be the MJ of his team, but he sure can be a Pip in his prime. (No, I don't like Quitten btw). It's nice that our team doesn't have a problem with egos, but wouldn't it be nice to have another hard-nosed, James-type on the team? I dunno...I just think we deserve some luck as Rocket fans. Must be these Red Hot 7 ticket I'm scratching with a penny. Wish me luck.

Sorry for the cryptic stuff, but it's too soon.

Love ya'll. Night.

17. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

GOT to be talking about Lowry here, Cod.....

18. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Why did I think of Danny granger....

19. Carl Herrera

#99 Carl Herrera, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  20. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Maybe... not the MJ of his team anymore... sure.

But, Pippen in his prime? I'd think it's someone who can play some pretty good D. Don't think Granger is in that category at this stage of his career?