1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Heard some news about some potential deal involving Jeremy Lin"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Feb 14, 2014.

1. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

Lin is one of the reasons the Rockets are on the winning streak. Why would JLin want to go from one of the best teams in West to worst teams in the East?

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You do realize its a backhanded compliment at best right?

Anything will do!! Anything!!!! Anything!!!

3. Little General

50% of the Knicks fans thinks that Lin wanted to leave New York and that Lin himself restructured the first contract that the Rockets offered, which I don't believe Lin did or had much power over it.

Woodson told the media that the Knicks would match the offer up to a billion. Ofcourse the Rockets restructured the contract then after hearing that and put the Knicks in a tough position to match it.

But even before this it was the Knicks own fault for letting Lin test free agency. They could've offered Lin a contract, which I think Lin would've accepted.

After Lin was officially a Rocket, he received a lot of hate/scrutiny from the Knicks fans. His whole social media accounts were full with hate and racism. I hope Lin won't get traded to the Knicks and relive those moments again.

4. Clarinetmonster

I agree. I was saying it would be really sad if Lin ended up back with NYK and we got Felton.

5. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

:grin::grin: Are there good cupcake shops in Houston :p?

He apologized to the city of New York for that @ about the 6 min mark of the clip here :):

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=10451901&s=nyc

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Since he broke the Lebron James move.

7. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

If a trade with NY happen, i thing prigioni will be traded to Houston, not felton
    Chandler + Shumpert + prigioni
    For
    Lin + Asik + Casspi or Smith
    Has legs for me

If Hardaway Jr is in, I will be very happy

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

They didn't want to match the poison pill but now they want the back end of it lol

10. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Prigioni is like 36 yrs old -- the other choice is Beno

11. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

FWIW, Jeremy IS in New York today watching his little bro play bball (and a physical? :p):

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Got to see BabyLin play in his bball game!! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23LinstaNation&amp;src=hash">#LinstaNation</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23eastcoastweathersucks&amp;src=hash">#eastcoastweathersucks</a> <a href="http://t.co/S2uaMTMi1k">http://t.co/S2uaMTMi1k</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/statuses/434529797583409152">February 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe src="//instagram.com/p/ka_HzUOP1p/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

12. hltiki

hltiki Member

If it were Prig, then it'd be damn sad if Lin played behind Felton, but I doubt this trade would happen. And also, I highly doubt Knicks give up Shump, Chandler, and Hardaway Jr. that easily; will probly have to throw in a 4th player like DMO

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lin for felton? No thanks

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Stephen A did mention that any trade would almost definitely have to include Hardaway.

15. Little General

I read somewhere that Spurs are looking to get Beno Udrih. Udrih as a backup for Tony Parker

16. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Whether true or not the fact is money is no object for them. The MSG Network owns the Knicks and only the lakers have a larger viewing audience. The most important item to them is winning a championship. Second is to be entertaining. They suck at both.

The stupidest move they made was letting Lin walk away. Yes I said that and here is why. It wasn't a cap issue for the Knicks because they have no chance of being under the cap until Stoudemire and Melo are gone. And if Melo walks they are immediately in rebuild mode and Lin's 8 mil a year is nothing on an empty.

So if money is not an object why let the biggest commodity as far as entertainment goes walk for nothing. Because they actually were looking at the first option to win a championship and some idiot thought they could do better with Felton. Stupid move.

Lin's contract is only 6 mil more than the standard MLE. He certainly earned MLE money with his Linsanity performance. Morey and Les thought so. But his real value is the extra ad revenue he generates and his Buzz factor.Lin's marketing value has more than paid for his salary in ad revenue according to the Rockets.

In New York Lin's revenues would have been through the roof. Plus the added factor Lin brought excitement to Madison Square Garden. So I suspect since plan 1 has failed they would be willing to give up just about anyone not named Melo to get Lin back. At least they could hope for Linsanity 2.

The problem is Felton and Shumpert for Lin is a crap deal. With Hardaway added it's okay but does it fit into Morey's formula. Does the trade equal the sum of the probability of increased success over the next three years to be higher than it is without the trade, with just a little more weighting on now.

Morey's words translated mean if we keep Lin there is a real possibility of Lin walking for nothing next year which is a decreased success but if we trade him they way we are gelling right now, will we drop off and take a step back. Second translation, first priority is immediate help, second is long term help, third is cap relief. If there is a trade that can help us a little long term and a lot now let's do it. Hardaway and Shumpert for Lin might fit that formula but probably not enough.

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

morey is gonna give dolan the back end.. again

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Who the hell do we want that's on the Knicks? Stupid trade idea from Smith.

19. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Just looked it up... Menu looks delicious :). Will definitely give them a try next time I'm there!

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This just in. Stephen A Smith reads clutchfans?