1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Heard some news about some potential deal involving Jeremy Lin"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

#1 Voice of Aus, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yeah well, not surprising just from a CBA perspective. If Houston wants to bring in anyone who makes substantial salary, either Lin or Asik needs to be included in the trade as a matter of salary cap rules.

Also, I bet most of the roster have been discussed as a part of some "potential deal." But in the NBA, there are thousands of "potential deals" discussed for every actual deal that gets done.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm not sure if Stephen A. heard this from his sources or just heard it from callers or some random internet rumor, but not sure these posts belong in the "Random Trade Ideas" thread. Breaking it out to a thread...

4. Carl Herrera

Radio link doesn't work on my phone-- Did SAS actually mention Knicks?

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I rather keep him this year than send him out, unless we get someone that will make our team tremendously better.

Until then, I'm against trading Asik and Lin this year.

6. basketballholic

Lin to the Knicks has legs. Has been discussed for a couple months.

7. Clarinetmonster

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!:(

8. Clarinetmonster

Source? Latino Post?:rolleyes:

9. showa13

showa13 Member

I'd be for it as long as we don't get Felton. Would LOVE it if we got Hardaway Jr somehow

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People may not like the man but he seems to hit on a thing every now and then. I think someone mentioned that his sources are the players themselves (since he seems to be in their circle for whatever reason) so maybe there is a little smoke there. Morey would consider any deal though so meh...

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOF's beginning to salivate....

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll edit the title if he didn't, but he was talking about the Knicks the whole time... guess he could have been saying he heard news about Lin being involved in a trade in general.

You also want them to consider doing something with Raymond Felton. Heard some news about some potential deal involving Jeremy Lin. Can't imagine getting Jeremy Lin to come back to New York, but with the state of affairs that exists with the New York Knicks right now, I wouldn't be opposed to it, to be quite honest with you. Anything is help. Anything! I mean, my Lord, it's just been bad.

To be safe since it's not 100% clear, I'll remove "(Back to the Knicks)" from the title.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Not too much the Rockets could use from the Knicks other than Shumpert and Hardaway Jr, but neither guys are better than Lin either.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Stephen A. Smith is usually credible.

15. conquistador#11

MY LORD AFTER DISSING LIN EVERY CHANCE HE COULD NOW HE IS NOT OPPOSED TO IT AND EMBRACES LIN'S 'RE-RETURN. HOWEVAAHHH STEPHEN A ON PROZAC THAT'D BE SOMETHING! !!!

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

I would like to see this happen just for the hilarity within the NY media. But alas, there's unlikely a fit unless Morey believes Shumpert is the "defensive wing that can shoot" guy.

But umm, if we're talking about a Lin for Shumpert trade, to make the salaries work it will have to be Lin+Brewer for Shumpert+Bargnani or something. Because otherwise we'd have to take on JR or Felton's contract. Shumpert and Bargnani both expire in 2 years, so they don't interfere with our 2015 plan.

17. Penetrate&Creat

In on potential ****storm

18. Carl Herrera

Thanks for the transcript. Probably should make the text all caps in order to capture SAS's cadence. :). The bolting does help, though. I was reading it in SAS's voice.

The "do something with Raymond Felton" sentence makes me wonder of he meant that Felton was gonna get traded for Lin. I don't want any part of the guy, at least not as anything more than cap filler.

Maybe one guy Houston would want on the roster is Shumpert? His offense is not good this year but he is an active defender.

Potential deal could mean something really close to be done or maybe just an idea raised but rejected or something in between. Who knows for sure?

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

in on first page

20. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I'm not sure if even Lin would want to go back to the Knicks........