1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

oh no Manziel

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by pocketrocket81, Feb 14, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Member

Richard sherman says hi.

I think coaches and scouts understand this is something most, if not all, of the best players have. The only difference is, who is willing to come out and say it, or not. It may rub some the wrong way for him to say it, but he'll learn with age and experience to dial that back and keep it more PI. Really, he was already pretty PI in those answers.

There's no way that's enough to make him a second rounder though. And I think McNair will eat it up, too. in the end, he may not fit the type of QB/player they want, but a Texas-proud aggie, who switched from being a cowboy fan to a Texans QB? Great story.

2. RV6

RV6 Member

Here's some pictures of him as he prepares for the draft, these were part of the original article

(large pics)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

The boy can work, I am impressed by that.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Exactly.

Seahawks success was their ability to hit from the 3rd round and beyond.

5. Remii

Remii Member

Clowney shows up bugging people at the Senior Bowl and he's not a senior... Clowney is all on the internet bugging an actual Texans player about being drafted. And y'll don't say spit...

But Johnny says something and I see "HYPOCRITES" flying off the handle in this thread.

I think many of us believe and or coming to the realization that Clowney will be the Texans #1 pick... So why are you guys hating on Johnny...? Why you mad bruh...!!!

6. conquistador#11

working out with waves? who does he think he is? johnny utah?

fine, i just wanted to get in a point break reference

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Manziel is nowhere near as talented as Richard Sherman. Sherman is supremely confident, but he has the talent to back it up, Manziel is talking a lot but he'll be out of the league within 5 years.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Pretty bold statement there. The reason you get attacked so much in threads is because you make bold statements. You could easily be right, but you talk as if you are a scout, yet you act like a teenager.

Has me confused :confused:

1 person likes this.
  9. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Richard Sherman is the best cb in the NFL

Manziel is not even in the top 2 of qbs in his class...

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fine to say it's a bold statement, but the odds are pretty good IMO. He's too small, he has shown terrible decision making skills both on and off the field, and a lot of what he did in college would lead directly to an interception, or him being buried in the backfield for a double digit loss of yardage.

11. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

This. It doesn't me too much, cause I will still pick him over the other two QB's but I'm not making the pick. Texans brass may recent that statment and decide not to take him. There's a fine line between confidence and cockiness, and they may go hand and hand with him. Texans may frown on that, but who knows. I feel that he may just made it harder yo be drafted number 1.

12. RV6

RV6 Member

So, sherman developed his extreme confidence after breaking through as a top player?

IIRC, he wasn't projected to be this kind of player when he was drafted. His cockyness is a big reason he was able to push through criticisms and keep working. Yes, Manziel's stature /size could be an issue, but downplaying the mentality of a player is a big mistake. It should be included in their assessment.

13. Remii

Remii Member

Sherman wasn't in the top 2 DB's in his class and I believe he was a 5th round pick and he had a lot of criticism about him coming out of college.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I agree, I think Manziel having the same mentality as Vince Young should absolutely be included in their assessment.

15. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Actually sherman was projected to be a 1st -2nd round pick but Harbuagh sabotaged his draft stock, bad mouthed him during the entire interview process

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

He also had the lowest % of throws that had a chance of being picked off. If I remember you correctly from past threads, don't you support Keenum who was the king of turning his hips and running 10 yards behind his previous position for double digit sacks?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Manziel ends up going undrafted, I would fully support pic king him up as a 3rd string QB just like they did with Keenum.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Vince Young couldn't throw the ball, and was literally crazy. If you knew him around campus at UT, the guy was a nut case. He just finally showed it for the national public to see. Mack Brown babied the crap out of him. He was a loose cannon in college.

Manziel's immaturity comes from age. Vince's was just up in the head, so it is hard to compare the two.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

You supported Keenum returning as the starter though? Yet you advocate to stay away from Manziel? Stick to your guns. Don't waver or people won't take you serious.

20. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

We don't know Manziel will respond to adversity at the NFL stage...