1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2014.

1. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Well said.

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I didn't know Royce White was at the game. Apparently wearing a Wolves cap. Thanks for not jinxing us bro!

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Of course NBA.com chose Shved's dunk on T. Jones to showcase on their Youtube channel. :-/

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Haha damn I must have got y'alls panties in a wad.

By what metric? Dude had 19/5/5 through three quarters, he certainly wasn't having a great third quarter by any means, but he wasn't playing bad out there. What you describe didn't happen tonight, and he only took a few shots in the third anyway.

I'm enjoying it more than most on here lol. It's just annoying when people are taking this opportunity to trash one of our beloved Rockets.

I'm implying that although Lin individually was having a bad game, the unit including him was playing well and there was no need to sub Harden back in the game at that point. I'm glad McHale left that unit in, he made the right decision.

LOL, classic LOF comment.

As I've said about 5 times now, the unit with Lin was playing well out there which was why McHale left them in. Lin had a poor game individually, but played well with that unit in the 4th. Please try to remain calm. If you noticed, I was originally replying to some assholes who were trashing Harden.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Royce White.... smh.

How do you go about throwing a multimillion dollar career playing a game most of us love is beyond my comprehension. Damn.

6. calcium

calcium Member

It's __heartbreaking__ to see the forum not being able to enjoy a win
    for what it is.

If you look at the players after, they all seem very happy with the win.

None of the "but your didnt score X, you got dunked on, you D is bad" etc etc...

Chill, guys. Lifes too short and the next loss is inevitably just round the corner.

So enjoy it when you can. You will lead a happier life.

1 person likes this.
  7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I know, it's been like that the last couple years though.

I've never seen this much bashing of our star players before.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

great win, even though we suffered scoring droughts. Glad to see DMO and Garcia hitting their 3 balls. Glad to see Asik shaking off the rust......

9. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

most promising season in awhile, i'm excited w/o apology ...

1 person likes this.
  10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I really hope that they keep it up, its been a tough season for Garcia, he went from a player that I would have been seriously hurt if we had lost him last summer to a player that I wish we had seriously lost last summer, lol.

11. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

wtf are all u guys arguing about. the only reason harden didn't come back in the game was cuz the unit that was on the court was playing well and extended the lead. lin played pretty decent pass wise in the 4th, bev knocked down shots, parsons was scorin...dwight was doing his thing, and tjones/dmo played well.

12. vladyx92

vladyx92 Member

Team is picking up on defensive intensity. We are doing a better job of contesting jump shots and rotating! Our defensive rebounding is still woeful though.

If we start hitting our threes at a rate of approximately 37%, we'll be in great shape come playoff time. I believe that has been the biggest issue this entire year (especially Harden and Garcia get my "nomination" here)!

13. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

Glad to have Asik back. Bench game plan seems clear now. Beef up the defense with Asik - Lin - Bev lineup, get into transition, and let Lin runs the show in open court. Get the young legs (Tjones/Dmo/Parsons) going and give HH some rest. Happy for Mchale and Rockets to find something that works. Our 2nd unit is now capable of killing 90% of the bench. Finally redeemed some value from Lin and Asik's 16 mil?

14. visible

visible Member

You are beyond stupid.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Good win tonight. Even better that SA lost as well. It's nice when of all the players that played significant minutes your worst overall performance still got you 19/5/5. Hardens shot was off tonight, but I feel he didn't get a couple whistles he usually gets.

Lins didn't shoot well either, but it hardly mattered. He was great tonight in limiting turnovers and finding the rest of the team for easy buckets.

Bev, Dwight and Parsons really stood out tonight and even Jones despite him somehow not grabbing 1 board was pretty solid. Hopefully now that Omer and Garcia are healthy our bench is solidified. I like how this team is coming together. Let's hope we take care of business Wednesday.

16. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Games&nbsp;&nbsp;H2H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Div&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Con&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Overall&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Magic&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</B>
    <B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Team&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W/L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;H2H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Left&nbsp;&nbsp; TB&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Div&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TB&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Conf&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TB&nbsp;&nbsp;TieBreak&nbsp;&nbsp;Number &nbsp;Diff</B>
    &nbsp;1&nbsp;OKC&nbsp;Thieves&nbsp;&nbsp;41-12&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-2&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-8&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;36</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    &nbsp;2&nbsp;Spurs&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;37-15&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;5-5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8-3&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;22-9&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;32</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-2)
    &nbsp;3&nbsp;Blazers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;36-15&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;5-5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;19-11&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;33</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    &nbsp;4&nbsp;Clippers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;36-18&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-2&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;19-9&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;30</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    &nbsp;5&nbsp;Rockets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;35-17&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-4&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;20-14
    &nbsp;6&nbsp;Suns&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;30-20&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;19-13&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;28</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    &nbsp;7&nbsp;Warriors&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;31-21&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;5-5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;19-16&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;26</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    &nbsp;8&nbsp;Mavericks&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;31-21&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8-4&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;17-15&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;27</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    &nbsp;9&nbsp;Grizzlies&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;27-23&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;None&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;2-11&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;17-18&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    10&nbsp;Nuggets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-26&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4-6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;13-16&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;22</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-2)
    11&nbsp;Wolves&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24-28&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-7&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;12-21&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;20</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-2)
    12&nbsp;Pelicans&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;22-29&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-8&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-22&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;18</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-2)
    13&nbsp;Lakers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;18-33&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-8&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-1&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-19&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;15</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    14&nbsp;Jazz&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;17-33&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4-6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-24&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;15</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    15&nbsp;Kings&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;17-34&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-8&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;10-23&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;14</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)

* Indicates the Tie Break is final

Here is the latest batch of Magic Numbers after all games were played on <B>2/10</B>.

It was a perfect night for the Rockets. We picked up our sixth win in a row, so all Magic Numbers drop one. Spurs, Wolves, Hornets and Pelicans all lost and drop an additional point.

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I have trouble reading this graph..What exactly is "Magic Number"?

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

agreed i have only started seeing these graphs popping up, care to explain it, i realise the -1 or -2 but what does the actual magic number indicate

19. jcfate

jcfate New Member

It means the number of games the Rockets have to win plus the number of games the respecting teams have to lose for the Rockets to finish the season with a better W/L records than that team.

Take for instance the OKC Thieves with magic number 36, the Rockets have 30 games left so even if they win all 30 games (65-17) they need OKC to lose at least 6 games the rest of the way (64-18) for the Rockets to end the season with a better record. 30+6=36

20. neostars

neostars Member

nope he just iso more.