1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you were Morey: Sell High on Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by willwmc, Feb 2, 2014.

?

If you were Morey: Sell High on Jeremy Lin?

1. Yes, Sell

267 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. No, Keep through out contract

185 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Yi Jianlian passed the eye test because he's a 7 footer and the NBA has a history of scouting Asians from Asia while ignoring Asians back home.

2. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

If you're 7' tall, doesn't matter if you're blue or pink, you'll get drafted. The thing is Lin is like a normal person-size. There are a lot of guys who look at Lin and think they could be better and Lin ain't so special since nothing stands out about him - he is not particularly graceful in movement, he doesn't have the natural rhythm of other point guards, he doesn't jump out of the gym and he is not a one-on-one superstar. One needs to watch him more to appreciate what he can do. He is a lot like Dragic actually - who shoots better but Lin has a quicker first step.

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

I agree with your ball handling point but if Lin were to put up anything near 20+ and 8 he would crush the AS vote. Heck, he gets 1/2 million votes now coming off he bench.

4. jms99

jms99 Member

Can you explain to me how what you said wasn't calling anybody a racist?

Of course they are comparable. They are the SAME RACE! YOU are the one that is saying that RACE is so influential in our opinions! So, how would Position and Size affect our opinions!? I thought RACE was supposed to be affecting our opinions.

Preconceived views??? How is that not calling anyone a racist? My argument is that there are no preconceived views that have anything to do with RACE when you actually see a player on the court.

The same is true for Yao. It's perfectly a reasonable opinion to have if you saw Yao practice before he ever played a game and you decided right then that there was no way possible for Yao to become a decent basketball player. There were no preconceived views, what's going on is people improve and that is unpredictable. That's why every player out there, there's going to be debate on how good he is, on what his potential is. And if a bunch of people hype him up, or praise him or think he's great, there's going to plenty of people that come out and tell you that he's not and try to take him down. That is true of every young player whose level of play hasn't been completely established yet. And the more hype they get, naturally, the more dissenters they will attract.

5. jms99

jms99 Member

That's not why Yi Jianlian was drafted. He was drafted because he was 7 feet tall and ATHLETIC LOOKING. In other words, he passed the EYE TEST.

Can you tell me which pick BRAD MILLER was drafted at?

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No one gives a **** about Jeremy Lin's race.

Stop using it as some crutch.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What does this video have to do with anything? I agree Lin is hardworking but so is almost every NBA player. Every NBA player takes tons of shots in the gym day in day out.

This is the kind of post that irks me. You post a video of Lin taking practice shots. NEWSFLASH: Most if not all Rockets players do that.

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Right? And if they aren't working out isn't getting treatment a form of practice? Maybe they have tired legs and would be better off resting. These people are the professionals.

Besides, it's been my experience that AB is out shooting way longer than anyone.

9. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I wouldn't say "nobody" cares about Lin's race. There are some who probably are prejudiced against him, and there are a number of Lin fans who are completely focused on it. To the point that you have to wonder if they would even care about him if he were some other race. I don't think his current success or lack of it has anything to do with his race though, and I think most fans here judge Lin as a player, not as an "asian player".

Lin fans have to be smart enough to know that most of the more out rageous things that "haters" post are just trolls looking to get a rise out of you, which many Lin supporters can't help but respond to.

10. jms99

jms99 Member

There are a lot of trolls. But those trolls are themselves responding to the Lin supporters. So it's a vicious cycle.

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

The majority of that is from overseas...

T_Man

12. delalex

delalex Member

The reality is Dragic left,Lowry left,and Lin probably will leave soon.It's just a matter of time.This team doesn't need this type of players.So yes,trade him.

13. delalex

delalex Member

The reality is Dragic left,Lowry left,and Lin probably will leave soon.It's just a matter of time.This team doesn't need this type of players.So yes,trade him.:grin:

14. Razsan

Razsan Member

Regardless, it's still a vote. My point being that being an all-star is as much a popularity contest as it is a true barometer of accomplishment.

15. Neped

Neped Member

He's the first option, Lin is the 5 th option. Team also runs through Howard and Harden. This is why Dragic ppg is 5-10 points better than Lins.

16. boiler

boiler Member

I guess being 5th option is als0 why Lin is not shooting 51% FG and 40% 3pts?

17. Razsan

Razsan Member

You do realize lifetime Goran is .456 & .356 while Jeremy is .445 & .333. Hardly a monumental difference

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I think most of us just prefer you stay asleep in dreamworld, but Goran Dragic scored 23...

in the fourth quarter...

of a second-round playoff game...

against the Spurs...

on the road...

"two years into being in the NBA".

[youtube]LLWjQ7nZTkI[/youtube]

19. TheJet

TheJet Member

Really? Then why doesn't every team have a player averaging 25-30 points per game? It's not just a matter of volume shooting. If you really believe that we might as well stop debating right now.

This is true of almost every single player in the league. We'll never know how good J.J Barea could be, etc, etc. It's a huge risk to build an entire team around a guy that has only shown flashes of high level play. e.g. he hasn't performed at an elite level enough to justify it.

The NBA doesn't tailor a team to you unless you're a proven elite player. That means every other player has to adjust or improve his game to fit on a team. This isn't a developmental league. It's the best in the world. If a team needs you to change up your game that's what you do. Because it's in the best interest of the team.

1 person likes this.
  20. Razsan

Razsan Member

Clutch...I'm getting a feeling that you're not a Lin fan. Goran was not a factor in any of those series. That quarter was an anomaly. He averaged 7.6 points and 2.3 assists for 16 games.