1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arrow: television series discussion thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulftsk, Feb 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

Laurel is a b****

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Actually just watched season 1 on netflix. Haven't started season 2 yet, Hulu doesn't have the first few episodes

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yep, she's passed Carl levels of annoying (circa seasons 2 and 3, I actually like Carl now, so characters can grow out of it)

The producers originally said that she will ultimately become Black Canary, her sister was just supposed to be temporary. But shows often audible, and they have written it so that her character is ridiculously annoying, and people have grown to like the current Black Canary, so they may change plans, but I doubt it.

Really good show, people shouldn't be scared to watch it just because it's on the CW.

Project Free TV, you can basically watch any show for those that are behind.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I was wondering why there was no thread on this show?!!?!?!?

Before anyone says it.

Felicity.

OMG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Project Free TV you say . . .. I missed the beginning of season two
    and have avoided the rest because I wanted to see it all in order

Rocket River

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yea dude, I saw the first half of season 2 on Project Free TV.

Hulu plus has all the episodes as well, just sign up for their 2 week free trial.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Hell yeah, I personally think she looks even better with the glasses

9. mikus

mikus Member

A great show. I see it as Green Arrow gets a Batman Begins-type of treatment. Anyways, the producers have made quite a few changes on the fly. The thing with Caity Lotz as Sarah Lance becoming a regular was based on fan feedback and the job that the actress did in the role. She's pretty athletic and there is a video of her doing parkour on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly3H_KsCoVo

The same thing with the Felicity Smoak character, she was supposed to be a throwaway but the producers liked the chemistry between the actress and the main character and kept bringing her back until she became a regular.

I like how they have mined the DC lore for the basic idea but keep coming up with their own twist. I'm no purist, so as long as it makes sense within the show, I'll like it.

And yes to the OP, Laurel is a whiny b****.

10. SexyButIgnorant

Yeah, Laurel is a b, but honestly, I see this just being a long journey for her to become Black Canary.

Oliver was a whiny douche in the Island for the first two years, maybe they're just trying to mirror that with Laurel. I'm thinking, Sarah is going to be killed (which I won't mind cause the actress playing her sucks) leading to Laurel looking into what she was involved with, which culminates with her taking up the fish nets!

Everything else on this show is complete awesomeness though. The trailer for next week looks awesome too. Dat Deathstroke tho!

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah I'm thinking this too, probably at Deathstroke's hands as revenge for Shado.

Speaking of deviating from the comics, they have largely re-written deathstroke so far, but they appear to have kept his bad-assery intact so I'm cool with it.

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Crixus playing death stroke is so badass. Love that they picked him.

13. SexyButIgnorant

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I watch everything on my ipad and Hulu plus only has episode 10+ on it. I guess I'll just wait a few months for it to be on netflix.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DAMMIT!!! I KNEW I KNEW HIM FROM SOMEWHERE!!!

Rocket River
    I like they guy who played Merlin too . . . .always liked that guy

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Diggle has to be on HGH.

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

18. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Overall good show, but it seems that Diggle who should be Arrow's sidekick is left behind and isnt even an integral part of the show and my goodness the acting can be cringe worthy more often then not, I'm looking at you Felicity and Thea.

19. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I'm a huge Emily Bett Rickards fan. If you're in to Twitter and Instagram, she's worth a follow.

Bonus EBR pic -
    [​IMG]

I love the show, and can't wait for all of the upcoming appearances of other DC heroes/villains. The show runners are on their game.

20. SexyButIgnorant

Yeah, diggle has been kinda ignored lately because of all the characters coming in. But it looks like the Suicide Squad storyline could be a way for him to be a main player again. It'll probably be him, deadshot, bronze tiger and someone else.