1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fear Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketboyz1, Feb 6, 2014.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

It's amazing to see the work that CD is doing with Dwight, I hope Dream is back in town working with him as well. Dwight loves to bang/feel the other player, Dream would do the same but once he felt the bang he would spin off and dunk/shoot the short jump hook.

2. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

The Dream will teach him the post fade-away jumper...Howard would be virtually unstoppable then

3. rocketblood713

I've been saying look out for us after the all star break ...WATCH!

4. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Something not being mentioned is that in this recent stretch the rest of the team is finally starting to throw good entry passes to him in the post. When they throw it to him where he needs it, he either scores immediately or the defense collapses to stop him and opens everyone else up.

5. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Metropolis makes a great point here. Back in the day, Olajuwon had several veteran players and a young Horry make the great entry passes to Dream where he wanted it down low. If you failed, he chewed you out. At the beginning of the season, Dwight did not have this luxury, and did not receive many good passes at all. I have noticed improvement over the last few weeks, and hope it continues. For the Rockets to go far in the playoffs, entry passes to the big man are critical. Point of emphasis!

6. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Member

Know who I can actually say that more about? The Spurs. No joke, I think we might even have a shot at the #2 seed.

7. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I'm not impressed. When Howard gets his numbers, it's always against weaker defensive players.

8. Downtown Sniper

Amazing. A player performs better when not playing against defensive superstars.

Damn Dwight sucks since he's the only player this uncommon phenomenon happens to.

9. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Dwight got 23/16 against Tim Duncan.

10. ZNB

ZNB Member

Lol right? That was a pretty dumb comment.

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

12. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

That's the gold you had dug out from the article! I was thrilled to read that sentence. That mentality is exactly what not only the leaders but also everybody should have to push the team all the way to the championship stage.

13. solid

solid Member

Great post. This is exactly what is happening. There is a collective coming together, getting well, and becoming more consistent. Hopefully, the Rockets are shifting into another gear. OKC looks unbeatable, but the Rockets knocked them around a bit last year and was on the verge of extending the series. If the Rockets get to the finals, it would be an interesting match up.

14. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

That's grandpa duncan

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Just gotta keep feeding Dwight. Give him that confidence and he'll keep dominating.

16. Uprising

Uprising Member

Lol this.

I chuckled. Will rep